Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Traviscrooks ii, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can use the same windows key for 10? Would love to load much faster from that prehistoric intel hdd.

:)

Traviscrooks ii, Aug 21, 2022

2. Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040

I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with TPM 1.2 enabled and see that I can upgrade it to TPM 2.0 but it still has an Intell Core i7-6700 CPU that prevents me from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Can the CPU be added to the list of compatible processors and I be notified when it has? If not, can you tell me another CPU that works on a Dell Optiplex 7040 that is compatible?

JamesDWalsh, Aug 21, 2022
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 (upgraded during free upgrade) Dell Optiplex 990

I have a stock Dell Optiplex 990 on a two-partitioned HDD, which was originally running on Windows 7 Professional. Years back I took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft and have been running Windows 10 Professional since.

As the setup is getting slower due to use, I would like to format the HDD and do a clean install with the same OS. Do I need a product key to reinstall my OS? I do not have one as this was installed during the windows 10 free upgrade. There has been no major
    hardware changes to the PC.

Thank you.

MatthewPWP, Aug 21, 2022
  4. AidanStet Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD

PC: Dell OptiPlex 5050
    Windows Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.631)

Hello, I purchased a used PC. It only came with a 500 GB HDD , so I installed and initialized a 500 GB Samsung SSD. For security reasons, I would now like to do a complete wipe of the PC and reinstall Windows 10 onto the SSD instead of the HDD. I am unsure exactly how to do this as this is my first time really attempting something like this. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

AidanStet, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Dell OptiPlex

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd: Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can use the same windows key for 10? Would love to load much faster from that prehistoric intel hdd....
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd: Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can use the same windows key for 10? Would love to load much faster from that prehistoric intel hdd....
  4. Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040: I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with TPM 1.2 enabled and see that I can upgrade it to TPM 2.0 but it still has an Intell Core i7-6700 CPU that prevents me from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Can the CPU be added to the list of compatible processors and I be notified...
  5. Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040: I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with TPM 1.2 enabled and see that I can upgrade it to TPM 2.0 but it still has an Intell Core i7-6700 CPU that prevents me from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Can the CPU be added to the list of compatible processors and I be notified...
  6. How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?: I have a PC with only one HDD and Windows 10 installed on it. I am soon buying a second drive (SSD). Since I will be buying it I will reinstall Windows on it. I don't know how to do it. Can you guys help me? P.S. I don't care about the data on my HDD. I can erase it....
  7. Dell OPTIPLEX GX620 UPGRADED WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell OPTIPLEX GX620 UPGRADED WINDOWS 10: Hello friend, I upgraded the processor to D3.40 Ghz 4mb from 2.8 GHz , Increased Ram from 2GB to 4 GB. Installed Legal Windows 10 64 bits. All working fine except the multi media audio drivers. No help from Dell, they said buy new PC. Any one, who can help me in this...
  8. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd: I want to install windows 10 on the new ssd, my currently windows 10 is on my hdd. I search on the internet that i have to remove the hdd before the new install but my laptop hdd is a little bit tricky to remove. Is there another way that i don't have to remove the hdd. Can i...
  9. Upgrade to SSD from HDD

Upgrade to SSD from HDD: I have old Sony Vaio AIO desktop that I want to replace the HDD with 256GB SSD. Current OS is latest version of Windows 10. Computer has Legacy bios and uses Std Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. I plan to do a clean install of windows 10 . I understand that I need to change...
  10. Upgrading from HDD to SSD on windows 10

Upgrading from HDD to SSD on windows 10: I will be upgrading my hard drive to an ssd and due to the smaller size i can't just copy the entire disc so i figured i should do a clean install as i have a bunch of junk on my current install and had some questions. 1.First is how will i activate the new version of...