Windows 10: reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...

Discus and support reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no installation disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shmuelgremberg, Jan 14, 2019.

1. reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...

reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no installation disk

:)

shmuelgremberg, Jan 14, 2019
  2. GlynParry Win User

Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Jan 14, 2019
  3. xarzu Win User
    new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jan 14, 2019
  4. $immond$ Win User

reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no...

1. reinstalling windows 10 on a new SSD hard drive from my old hard drive. i have no... - Similar Threads - reinstalling SSD hard

2. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.: Hello, the hard drive on my PC fried and I needed to replace it.How do I recover my Windows 10 Product Key so that I can install Windows 10 on the replacement hard drive?...
  3. old hard drive and a new computer

old hard drive and a new computer: I have what I think is a basic question, but I'm not sure. I just bought a new computer. It has not yet arrived. When it does, I want to put my old SSD into the new computer because it has my programs, files, etc. My issue is that the old SSD has Windows 10 installed on...
  4. How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I clone my old hard drive to a new hard drive?: How can I clone my old laptop hard drive to a new hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clone-my-old-hard-drive-to-a-new-hard/cd9498d2-e379-40c0-aef4-42328b6c428a
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Hi! I bought a new hard drive since it looks like the one I currently have is corrupted. However, the corrupted hard drive is where my Windows volume license key is bound to. Is it still possible to activate the license on a different hard drive? Appreciate any steps and...
  6. New system old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New system old hard drive?: Hi, I'm building a new system soon, but I have a question. I just have this hard drive with Windows on it and keep the old drivers and everything. How can I avoid a new installation of Windows now? Can I just uninstall all the old drivers and integrate them into the new...
  7. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  8. Reinstall backup on new hard drive

Reinstall backup on new hard drive: I have been using Windows 10 since you released it free I love the program I had it on my hard drive which I backed up using Norton backup, I purchased a new computer it has Windows 10 home installed on it can I reinstall all my programs and data I have on the old hard drive...
  9. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  10. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows 10 on new drive keep old drive

2. reinstall windows to new ssd from old drive