Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new SSD in China

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new SSD in China in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thank you for anyone who can help me here. I am looking to replace my SSD to a larger size and at the same time give it a fresh install of Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesSchmidt3, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new SSD in China

Thank you for anyone who can help me here.

I am looking to replace my SSD to a larger size and at the same time give it a fresh install of Windows. My plan is to do it all myself but there are a lot of different articles and options and I also realized a possible problem I may encounter. I live in China but do not want the Chinese version of Windows. So I have kind of a lot of questions.

1. What should be the order of my steps to do this? (Create a disk image or backup -> Fresh install Windows 10 on new SSD -> Transfer files and programs from external hard drive?)

2. Do I use the reset my pc option? From USB? If I use reset my pc will it automatically download the Chinese version of Windows 10 because I'm in that region?

3. What are the best programs to do this? Clonezilla? Or should I use a paid one?

I have an Inspiron 7559 with a 128 SSD and 1 Terabyte HDD

:)

JamesSchmidt3, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User
    Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new SSD in China

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new SSD in China

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new SSD in China - Similar Threads - Reinstalling SSD China

2. Reinstall Windows on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows on new SSD.: My system SSD c: crashed, so I need to change it to a new one and reinstall Windows 10. I know how to do that, and already have a bootable USB flash drive and s new, identical SSD. My programs were installed on a different SSD f: and all my data was on an external NAS. The...
  3. Reinstall Windows on new SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows on new SSD.: My system SSD c: crashed, so I need to change it to a new one and reinstall Windows 10. I know how to do that, and already have a bootable USB flash drive and s new, identical SSD. My programs were installed on a different SSD f: and all my data was on an external NAS. The...
  4. reinstall windows on new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall windows on new ssd: hi,right now i have my original windows on my laptop, but im getting errors that my ssd is going to fail. if it happens, and i buy a new ssd, how can i install my previous windows on it? considering i bouht the laptop with windows on it nad i dont want to pay for a new...
  5. Reinstalling Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows on new SSD: My computer: MSI Prestige 15 A10SCI bought a new SSD and added on my computer. That means I have two SSD on my computer, old one and new one. And I want to newly install Windows 10 on my new SSD.What I tried and the results:1. To install with Windows boot USB -> Failed. I got...
  6. Reinstalling Windows on new SSD

Reinstalling Windows on new SSD: My computer: MSI Prestige 15 A10SCI bought a new SSD and added on my computer. That means I have two SSD on my computer, old one and new one. And I want to newly install Windows 10 on my new SSD.What I tried and the results:1. To install with Windows boot USB -> Failed. I got...
  7. Reinstalling windows on NEW ssd

Reinstalling windows on NEW ssd: I have a friend who wants to reinstall windows on his PC as it is experiencing problems. Should he reinstall windows on the old SSD first and then install windows on the new ssd? Windows came in pre-installed on the PC and he doesn't have the product key. What should he do?...
  8. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a new ssd: Hi, I have a laptop and an old ssd with windows 10 installed, and i would like to switch to a new ssd. Can i just manually remove the old ssd and replace the new ssd and install windows 10 in it without removing windows 10 from the old ssd? This is my 1st time doing this...
  9. Reinstallation of Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstallation of Windows 10 on new SSD: I’ve purchased a new SSD and want to move the OS to the SSD. I also want to use my old TB hard drive as the backup. I wonder if I can get the upgrade to Windows 10 from Window 7 because I previously kept OS on my old TB drive. Is it possible not to reinstall the OS back onto...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD

Reinstalling Windows 10 in new SSD: I have an Asus UX32LN which was upgraded to WIndows 10. I want to replace the HDD to SSD. If I install the Windows 10 in the new SSD, where will I get the product key? Thank you! 22125