Windows 10: Reinstalling windows 10 - skipping from boot drive to login?

Discus and support Reinstalling windows 10 - skipping from boot drive to login? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows, I've created my USB bootable, I put it in, press f11 to go to boot options and select the USB. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BeigeSponge, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Reinstalling windows 10 - skipping from boot drive to login?

Hi,

I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows, I've created my USB bootable, I put it in, press f11 to go to boot options and select the USB. It then shows windows icon and loads, but then pauses and skips straight into normal boot sequence (i.e. login page) without ever starting windows installer?
    Does anyone know whats going on here?

submitted by /u/BeigeSponge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BeigeSponge, Dec 5, 2019
  2. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Reinstalling windows 10 - skipping from boot drive to login?

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling windows 10 - skipping from boot drive to login?

1. Reinstalling windows 10 - skipping from boot drive to login? - Similar Threads - Reinstalling skipping boot

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to skip windows 10 20H1 login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to skip windows 10 20H1 login screen: Dir Sir/MadamI have windows 10 v20H1 , command "netplwiz" changed so I can't use it for skipping login screenSo please how can I do it , before when using v19H2 I could use command "netplwiz" Thank youOsama Ali...
  6. Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive

Can’t reinstall windows 10 from a flash drive: I have had problems for ages with my PC taking 10-15 minutes to startup. Decided it was time to start again. Created a USB pen using media creation tool. Goes through the installing files, then says PC needs to restart, at this point I removed the flash drive, to stop it...
  7. Skip login screen on Windows Restore from Hibernation?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Skip login screen on Windows Restore from Hibernation?: I have set the reg key on my desktop system so that when I reboot, Windows bypasses the login screen. (The password is blank, because I don't need it for a desktop system.) But Windows still stops the Restore process at the login screen. Any suggestions? 163911
  8. Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?: I'm planning an xbox stealth build, and I'm using the xbox console companion app as a cover for the interface But when I boot, it takes me through the sign in screen, and desktop while the xbox app boots up How can I skip both?(jump straight to windows, and give the xbox app...
  9. Windows won't boot after reinstalling from a USB drive

Windows won't boot after reinstalling from a USB drive: My Acer laptop was running really poorly, so I decided to use my other laptop (HP) to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool onto a USB flash drive. It was a completely empty drive, 32 GB, no files. After a few hours, it was done. I used the Advanced Startup to boot...
  10. Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wow to skip first image in windows 10 login?: What I get is this on my laptop. I turn it on and then I get an image (a different one every time). At time it asks me to rate it, if I like it or not at times it doesn't (Why only sometimes?) Anyhow, after this 1st screen I can tap any key and another window pops up for my...