Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7.

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lenovo W510I had windows 10 installed from Windows 7 free update to Win 10. OS with Win 10 got corrupted and computer started crashing. blue screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ckudalug, May 13, 2022.

1. Ckudalug Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7.

Lenovo W510I had windows 10 installed from Windows 7 free update to Win 10. OS with Win 10 got corrupted and computer started crashing. blue screen and another way indicating some thing is missing. The computer will boot properly after leaving for 2 hours power turned down. But, the frequency of crashing increased. I reinstalled Windows 7 from my recovery disks bought from Lenovo with the intention of running the free Win 10 upgrade.Now, I can't upgrade to Win 10 as the "download" does not work and give an error code. What is the remedy to install Win10 again? Thanks

:)

Ckudalug, May 13, 2022

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 13, 2022
  3. pigulici Win User
    How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, May 13, 2022
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7.

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7. - Similar Threads - Reinstalling through upgrading

2. how to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 via windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 via windows update.: use to automatically send the update and ask if you want to proceed and upgrade to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-via/00423d90-c62c-44d1-9e85-5f241421b835
  3. how to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 via windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 via windows update.: use to automatically send the update and ask if you want to proceed and upgrade to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-via/00423d90-c62c-44d1-9e85-5f241421b835
  4. how to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 via windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 through upgrading to 10, via Windows 7.: Lenovo W510I had windows 10 installed from Windows 7 free update to Win 10. OS with Win 10 got corrupted and computer started crashing. blue screen and another way indicating some thing is missing. The computer will boot properly after leaving for 2 hours power turned down....
  6. Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7

Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7: Dear All could you please help me to reinstall windows 10 after a computer crash, this was a free update from windows 7 many years ago, I have had to go bake and install my windows 7 disc but can find no way to reinstall windows 10 without being asked for a product key, can...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion: I'm trying to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro through my virtualization software. When I try to upgrade it gets all the way to the Product Key but doesn't accept my product key. It hasn't restarted in 10, it's stuck in 7 and is forcing me to type in a product key....
  8. Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?

Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?: Hello :) I'm not an expert with computers and I would like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. I was told by a technician in a store that I can do this with a USB stick. Is this true, and if so how? I would like to have a clean reinstall of Windows so that my laptop...
  9. Upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 OS through Automation

Upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 OS through Automation: I'm working on Windows 7 OS and my client is asking us to upgrade to windows 10 OS as we are having 40 computers can some one suggest automation to upgrade the OS. My computers are on Amazon web services....
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation via DVD without booting into Windows 7

Windows 10 Upgrade Installation via DVD without booting into Windows 7: My Dad's laptop running Windows 7 crashed the other day, and after running Startup Repair, it found that compbatt.sys was corrupt. I tried copying over a good version from my pc & recovery partition but that only resulted in a blue screen. Today, I attempted to do an...