Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to not lose your files and apps when trying to reinstall Windows 10 while it is unbootable? (reinstalling with CD)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivienMorelle, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

Is there a way to not lose your files and apps when trying to reinstall Windows 10 while it is unbootable? (reinstalling with CD)

:)

VivienMorelle, Dec 8, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps - Similar Threads - Reinstalling while unbootable

2. Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to reinstall windows and get a new key without losing files.: So, I used to have a gaming laptop, but i built a desktop and cloned the OS to keep my data. I had initially unactivated windows on the desktop so the laptop woudnt get deactivated, but while its being sold, the laptop has been offline. However i noticed windows reactivated...
  3. how to reinstall windows 10 from recovery drive without losing personal files????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to reinstall windows 10 from recovery drive without losing personal files????: I created a recovery drive for my windows 10 PC. Now my PC not works well. So I wish to reinstall windows from the recovery drive I created. I need all my personal files. Also I need to reinstall windows. Please guide me in correct way what should I do?????...
  4. how to reinstall windows 10 from recovery drive without losing personal files?????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to reinstall windows 10 from recovery drive without losing personal files?????: I created a recovery drive for my windows 10 PC. Now my PC not works well. So I wish to reinstall windows from the recovery drive I created. I need all my personal files. Also I need to reinstall windows. Please guide me in correct way what should I do????? Please...
  5. how to reinstall windows 10 from recovery drive without losing personal files???

how to reinstall windows 10 from recovery drive without losing personal files???: I created a recovery drive for my windows 10 PC. Now my PC not works well. So I wish to reinstall windows from the recovery drive I created. I need all my personal files. Also I need to reinstall windows. Please guide me in correct way what should I do?????...
  6. reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot

reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot: HI, I have a PC that will not boot and giving me a: "0xc000021a " Blue screen of death error. Whatever I try does not work, resetting the PC, starting it in safe mode etc etc. What I really want to do is boot from a USB and reinstall windows 10 WITHOUT losing...
  7. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bustedcondomdisaster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtvu6g/how_do_i_reinstall_windows_without_losing_any_data/
  8. 'reinstall Windows without losing installed applications' Where?

'reinstall Windows without losing installed applications' Where?: I'm sure I've seen somewhere on tenforums about reinstalling windows (using the Media Creation Tool) without losing my installed applications but I can't find it. Could you give me a link to the tutorial (if the above is indeed possible)? 122873
  9. Can I reinstall windows without losing files if forgot admin password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I reinstall windows without losing files if forgot admin password?: Hi, I have W10 (originally W7). Bought this laptop new from DELL several years ago. Not under warranty now. Don't have a second computer. Tight financially also. I have gone through a very stressful week after I accidentally signed up with a madeup email for microsoft to try...
  10. In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps: [img] Note In-place upgrade, upgrading Windows to a later version or a superior edition of the same version is the only method to upgrade Windows without losing the installed apps and programs. Certain rules apply to an in-place upgrade: The bit version must remain...