Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to not lose your files and apps when trying to reinstall Windows 10 while it is unbootable? (reinstalling with CD)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VivienMorelle, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

Is there a way to not lose your files and apps when trying to reinstall Windows 10 while it is unbootable? (reinstalling with CD)

:)

VivienMorelle, Dec 8, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 while unbootable without losing files and apps - Similar Threads - Reinstalling while unbootable

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  4. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?

Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?: A relative of mine passed and I now have his laptop. He had a pretty empty profile on it, but there are certain things I definitely don't want to lose, such as saved passwords. I created my own profile and that works well.The problem is he fell for all kinds of scams,...
  7. Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 without losing the activation: We bought a laptop for a worker in our company. And he signed in with his private email.He left the company so we need to reinstall the windows 10 to master clean the laptop.In the activation section it says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  8. How to reinstall windows from usb without losing files or apps if possible

How to reinstall windows from usb without losing files or apps if possible: I cannot log into my user account and I would like to reinstall windows without losing data from a usb. How could I go about doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-from-usb-without-losing/bccaa6c8-551c-4fc1-9393-8822ae82ccc5
  9. reinstall windows 10 without losing apps and documents

reinstall windows 10 without losing apps and documents: Is there a way to reinstall windows without losing apps and saved documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-10-without-losing-apps-and/457c14fc-c262-4e2c-9a86-15a1c68036a1
  10. Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?: And is it possible without a usb? submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9a2ve/is_it_possible_to_reinstall_windows_10_without/