Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10. Will this affect my File History?

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10. Will this affect my File History? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have set up Backups using File History. My backups are stored on another disk I:, Windows is installed on C:. They are two separate physical drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGameSpider, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10. Will this affect my File History?

I have set up Backups using File History. My backups are stored on another disk I:, Windows is installed on C:. They are two separate physical drives. When I format C: and install fresh Windows 10 there using USB created using the MediaCreationTool , will I be able to restore my files from my disk I:?

submitted by /u/TheGameSpider
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGameSpider, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10. Will this affect my File History?

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10. Will this affect my File History?

1. Reinstalling Windows 10. Will this affect my File History? - Similar Threads - Reinstalling affect File

2. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  3. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?: I want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop with 2 hard drives, becouse I have been experiencing software issues on my laptop. I have windows installed on partition C: of an ssd drive. Will the reinstallation affect partition D: on my other drive?...
  4. Does reinstalling windows 10 affect other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. does upgrading to windows 10 affect my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does upgrading to windows 10 affect my files?: so i want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 via media creation tool i select keep my personal files.i have a folder in D:\ drive wich i dont want to be deleted so does it delete my folder if i choose keep my personal files?...
  6. does upgrading to windows 10 affect my files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does upgrading to windows 10 affect my files?: so i want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 via media creation tool i select keep my personal files.i have a folder in D:\ drive wich i dont want to be deleted so does it delete my folder if i choose keep my personal files?...
  7. trying to restore my last backup file history to my windows 10 reinstall cmputer

trying to restore my last backup file history to my windows 10 reinstall cmputer: trying to restore my last backup file history to my windows 10 reinstall cmputer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-restore-my-last-backup-file-history-to/76f5844e-5736-448d-b6e6-8a012f9453cf
  8. Will disabling "File History" affect System Restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Will disabling "File History" affect System Restore?: I have no need for the File History feature in Windows, if I disable it, will that affect System restore since it can't keep records of files or they have nothing to do with each other and I can safely disable it? 160213
  9. File History Windows 10

File History Windows 10: I have tried to enable File History on my Windows 10 PC. It does not backup anything! Does Microsoft still support this product? I can't find any information on Microsoft's support site....
  10. Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?: I have 3 drives- One 120Gb SSD which is my boot drive and two 1 TB HDDs which I've combined into a RAID 0 array using Storage Spaces. I need to reinstall Windows 10 because I'm having some driver issues and it's quite buggy for some reason, so I wanted to know if my Storage...