Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I want to start by thanking the many helpful people here. I'm still new to Windows and so it's hard for me to help most people. But I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by The Pool Man, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns

Greetings,

I want to start by thanking the many helpful people here. I'm still new to Windows and so it's hard for me to help most people. But I'm learning and I try to help here or there on this site.

I recently purchased a Voyo V1 Mini PC. This is a little (sexy?) blue silver box that I ordered directly from China that I want to run on my flatscreen TV. It's got a 128 SSD drive with Windows 10 installed, a second 32 eMMc drive with drivers installed on it, and it's running a Pentium Quad Core Apollo Lake. (Zippier than a Cherry Trail but slower than a Core M.) It's lacking onboard Wifi support and it's bring your own Bluetooth. But it's only $240.

Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns [​IMG]

Ain't she cute? So anyway --

-- the unit has been running fine. The fan WHIRS and WHIRS when you do much of anything but otherwise very steady and stable. Having been through four PCs at this point I've learned to run SFC right off the bat. I had two Asus laptops that shipped with corrupted images of Windows 10.

Well this unit does too.
    And no amount of SFC and DISM'ing helps. *Sad

So I wish to reinstall Windows 10 with the Windows Recovery Media tool. I've done this before and I have the thumbdrive all ready. But I hesitate because of the drivers on this unit.

I'm not so savvy with drivers. I know the last time I did this to an Asus computer I had to contact support to get a functionality to return. Voyo (the maker of that blue box) basically doesn't have support -- as trusted YouTube guru Lon Seidman points out. "You're on your own" is his exact quote.

As I said earlier the 'D' drive contains drivers. Almost as if Voyo wanted to help right up front in case of someone reinstalling. The thing is I'm not so sure every driver I need is there. For instance there's some Realtek stuff listed in the device manager that I don't see in this folder --

Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns [​IMG]

So what would have me do? Give it a shot or don't mess with things? Again the unit is working seemingly fine but I like my units to have a clean uncorrupted install. Or is that, in this case, just being OCD?

*chuckle

:)

The Pool Man, Jan 18, 2017

2. I get this up up that says....no AMD graphics driver is installed ,or the amd driver is not functioning properly..please install the the AMD driver Appropriate For your ADMhardware ad

Hi Kim,

The error message that you are getting can be caused by corrupted or outdated graphics card driver. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you reinstall or update it by following the steps in this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . Remember to try to update your graphics card driver first through the Device Manager or your original equipment manufacturer's website, before trying to reinstall it.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Dell Vostro 360 and (optional) Intel Graphics Driver Update

Since this is the case and the issue about the screen doing a color cycle is related to the graphics driver. As a recommendation, you can follow the steps in this article:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
    . Since a specific driver is temporarily causing issues that affect your device. In this situation, you can prevent the problematic driver from reinstalling automatically the next
    time Windows Updates are installed.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Jan 18, 2017
  4. bra10n Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns

Hi PM,

I was given some good advice when I faced a similar situation here.
    It's not for me to say if starting over equates to OCD but I might suggest kicking around in that install for just a little while regardless...

Enjoy

bra10n, Jan 18, 2017
  5. topgundcp Win User
    Use: Macrium Reflect Free to make a backup image, just in case the re-installation messed up.

OPTION 1:

Download Driver 4.1 Backup Download . Unzip and run to backup all current drivers in your PC to a folder of your choice and later on you can restore from it, saving the trouble of having to re-install every single driver.

OPTION 2:
    Use Windows built in DISM command. Open Admin Command Prompt. Copy and paste the lines below and run. It will save all the drivers to a folder: C:\Drivers
    md c:\Drivers
    Dism /Online /Export-Driver /Destination:C:\Drivers
    @echo Done

topgundcp, Jan 18, 2017
  6. Since this isn't a primary PC for me -- and is in fact the first electronic toy I've ever bought as a toy vs. something I really needed -- I threw caution to the wind. I did a reset with Windows Media Recovery Tool -- the woose one that keeps all your stuff but simply refreshes Windows 10 - and all is well. I don't gamble when in Vegas but this time I threw the dice. SFC comes up clean.

Thanks for all the advice. I must admit some of the advice in the Navy/Bra thread was so complex it made throwing the dice much easier. *Redface

The Pool Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns

1. Reinstalling Windows 10 with driver concerns - Similar Threads - Reinstalling driver concerns

2. Intel RST driver concern

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  3. Windows concern

Windows concern: Hi!, Im Thinking About Getting An Moniter With HDMI Ports but i was wandering if i hook my windows 10 hp laptop to my moniter using the HDMI Cable, and i switch my moniter to primary, if i unplug the HDMI Cable from my moniter and laptop will my laptop still let me use...
  4. How to reinstall Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10

How to reinstall Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10: I can't find the Bluetooth device in the Device manager although I have selected the Choice of Show hidden devices. I have Asus Laptop, Name: Desktop-503A 500. Thanks in Advance for any help....
  5. Windows 10 Security concern.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Security concern.: Lost control of PC , second monitor screen went black and mouse control was lost i.e moving without any input from me. Disconnected from internet gained back control. Running diagnostics now. Checking regedit , found some unusual entries, hoping someone on here can check...
  6. How to reinstall Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10?

How to reinstall Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10?: bluetooth button isnt popping up in the icon area or in settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-bluetooth-drivers-in-windows-10/2193cd31-209d-4857-a0b9-acf5e5ad2d95
  7. How to reinstall Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10?

How to reinstall Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10?: hi I have uninstalled my bluetooth device, trying to reinstall it. and now i im stuck not knowing how to reinstall it. please help me reinstall it...
  8. update driver reinstall window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update driver reinstall window 10: I dont know where to download and install to this laptop. it any way you can to it for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-driver-reinstall-window-10/546e141b-89f6-464b-9026-4fb7bc79452b
  9. REINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 LOST DRIVERS

REINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 LOST DRIVERS: I have reinstalled windows 10 with cleaning all partitions into my samsung ativ tab 5 XE500T1C-K01TR and lost my drivers. Windows can not recognise devices. My wifi is not working, so i can not install the drivers automaticly. I tried to install manually but it doesn't work....
  10. Ready to upgrade but driver concerns

Ready to upgrade but driver concerns: I've finally plucked up the courage to upgrade from W7 to W10 but I have concerns about driver compatibility. The 'Get Windows 10' app says things are OK but I'm not convinced. For instance, these are current drivers that are out of date and since this list was compiled I've...