Windows 10: reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot

Discus and support reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, I have a PC that will not boot and giving me a: "0xc000021a " Blue screen of death error. Whatever I try does not work, resetting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulBolton6, Dec 22, 2019.

1. reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot

HI,

I have a PC that will not boot and giving me a:

"0xc000021a "

Blue screen of death error.

Whatever I try does not work, resetting the PC, starting it in safe mode etc etc. What I really want to do is boot from a USB and reinstall windows 10 WITHOUT
    losing any of the personal.

I have a windows 10 ISO on a bootable usb drive, is it possible that I can boot from the drive via a change in the bios and have the choice to reinstall windows 10 without wiping any personal data?

Also when I created the ISO I was a 100% sure on the Edition and Architecture but not on the language. Can I run a command line in dos that will tell me the language?

Thanks,

Paul

:)

PaulBolton6, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

Hi Chris,

It is important to know what was the result of running chkdsk, as this will help us determine if this is a possible hard drive failure. Can you tell us what was the result of chkdsk?

However, if the result did not find any errors, then you can check for corruption in the system files that is preventing your computer from booting up. We suggest that you run the System File Checker tool to address this. Use the installation media to run
    the tool.

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how
      to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Command prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

• Once done, restart the computer.
    If still your computer is unable to boot up, then we recommend you refresh your PC. You're not going to lose any files as long as you choose this option. However, we cannot guarantee that you're not going to lose any programs. To do this , follow these steps:

• Connect the installation media to your computer and then turn it on.
    • Select Repair your computer. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot >Refresh your PC.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 22, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Dec 22, 2019
  4. reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot

Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

my laptop currently windows 10 won't boot into desktop or in login screen after I did some force shutdown by holding down power button.

What to do?

These are the steps I performed

1. Bootrec /fixmbr

2. Bootrec /fixboot

3. Bootrec /rebuildbcd

4. Chkdsk c: /f /r /x

in step 4, I've got an error in step 2 then i close the cmd in advanced boot options.

now my question is, what other method should I need to do without losing my very important data inside my drive?

is system repairing using a bootable disk can be use? withput losing data?

Cris MarkSotto, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot

1. reinstalling windows 10 without losing any personal data when pc will not boot - Similar Threads - reinstalling without losing

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  6. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  7. Reinstall Windows without losing data

8. Reinstall windows on corrupted WIN 10 without losing data

Reinstall windows on corrupted WIN 10 without losing data: Is there a way to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop without losing data because I tried to fix the mbr with no luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-on-corrupted-win-10-without/0f900e30-f7db-4cd5-91df-d071e61c9cdf
  9. Reinstall Win 10 without losing data

Reinstall Win 10 without losing data: Please direct me to a relevant tutorial so that I can reinstall Windows 10 without losing anything on my computer. I hav Macrium so imaging the C drive isn't a problem. 163886
  10. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bustedcondomdisaster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtvu6g/how_do_i_reinstall_windows_without_losing_any_data/