Windows 10: Reinstalling windows 7 on top of windows 10.

Discus and support Reinstalling windows 7 on top of windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to reinstall my windows 7 while keeping my windows 10 and (if possible) windows 7 files? This on a dual/tri boot system. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by POPLOPUK, Oct 25, 2017.

1. POPLOPUK Win User

Reinstalling windows 7 on top of windows 10.

Is there a way to reinstall my windows 7 while keeping my windows 10 and (if possible) windows 7 files? This on a dual/tri boot system.

Reinstalling windows 7 on top of windows 10. [​IMG]

Also is it better to post this on the sevenforums?

:)

POPLOPUK, Oct 25, 2017

2. Installing 10 on top of 7, if current state of 7 has lots of problems.

Thanks Andre. I thought that my problems were likely to carry over.

To do a custom install of 10 with the ISO file as you describe, do I still need 7 installed somewhere? If the ISO file is on a flash drive or DVD, can the installation process run with just the ISO file itself? I know to how to change the BIOS as needed
    to boot from the other device.

DavidBadger, Oct 25, 2017
  3. Installing 10 on top of 7, if current state of 7 has lots of problems.

Thanks!

DavidBadger, Oct 25, 2017
  4. Reinstalling windows 7 on top of windows 10.

When you install, just make sure they are on separate partitions and all will be saved.

kingtez1984, Oct 25, 2017
  5. POPLOPUK Win User
    So this is fine?

Reinstalling windows 7 on top of windows 10. [​IMG]

OS is windows 7

POPLOPUK, Oct 25, 2017
  6. should be fine mate, the HP recovery partition may cause some issues when you come to run a recovery as it will remove all partitions. If you need to reinstall any of the OS's its best to use the DVD's so you get the choice of where it goes

kingtez1984, Oct 25, 2017
  7. POPLOPUK Win User
    I "broke" the hp recovery partition by moving it into a folder inside the partition so it shouldn't interfere. Do you know where I can get the windows 7 home premium iso? I believe I had sp2. The Microsoft website does not like OEM keys.

POPLOPUK, Oct 25, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2017
  9. hawkman Win User
    hawkman, Oct 26, 2017
  10. POPLOPUK Win User
    Would I need the COEM or is the normal Windows 7 Home premium SP1 fine?

POPLOPUK, Oct 26, 2017
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just the normal Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.

NavyLCDR, Oct 26, 2017
  12. POPLOPUK Win User
    Eh 2 people giving me 2 different answers. I'd just go with NavyLeader.

POPLOPUK, Oct 26, 2017
  13. hawkman Win User

No not 2 answers, but you need both.

Navylcdr's is the tool to make the USB bootable, my link is the actual W7 SP1 download link
    download my link to your desktop - plug in USB run Navycmdr tool then it will ask you wheres the file - thats my link.

Edit
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Store
    My mistake same name different things , assumed the "tool" was the tool NOT the iso link

Roy

hawkman, Oct 26, 2017
  14. POPLOPUK Win User
    Thanks, I got into windows 7. I didn't really reinstall, though breaking the hp recovery stopped the error message apart from an ide error. I used the installation disk to get into cmd and access the registry to enable achi. Then I got in after 3 hours of driver installs and updates. The only issue now is that changing OS takes forever from the windows boot manager though that's time for another thread.

POPLOPUK, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstalling windows 7 on top of windows 10. - Similar Threads - Reinstalling top

2. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  3. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  4. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  5. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  6. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  8. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software...
  9. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed. Please contact your software...
  10. am getting error trying to reinstall windows stopre top win10 prof.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store