Windows 10: Reinstalling WINDOWS 7.

Discus and support Reinstalling WINDOWS 7. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To Anyone Knowledgeable: I recently required some technical assistance for a reinstallation of my OPS, and decided to go with WINDOWS 10. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lauretta Falasz, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Reinstalling WINDOWS 7.

To Anyone Knowledgeable:

I recently required some technical assistance for a reinstallation of my OPS, and decided to go with WINDOWS 10. However, it is total garbage for the following reasons: 1 my printer EPSON WP-4590 software will not load properly; 2 the Videos I have on a separate hard drive do not display “Originals” after editing so I may remove them; 3 the asinine “apps” that WINDOWS 10 has made me nuts; 4 I discovered that I have a “Standard User” option available in “User Accounts” which is what I prefer but it won’t allow me to change it; and 5 now when I want to open "Internet Explorer" it informs me that it no longer functions so how did I get here?. I am not at all concerned about “Security Updates” stopping with WINDOWS 7, for I have decent software which covers me. If someone could explain how I may reinstall WINDOWS 7 over WINDOWS 10, particularly as a "Standard User," I would be most grateful for the information.

Respectfully yours,

Gregory Falasz

:)

Lauretta Falasz, Jan 15, 2020

2. Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

Don't even need to go through all those steps. Once you got into safe mode,windows 7 will rebuild it's drivers automatically. Boot normally and then install chipset drivers if not already in.

Edit:
    One thing though, it gets hectic with RAID and you will NEED to reinstall/rebuild the array. Only circumstance where you will find driver conflicts.

Edit2:

See edit 1 peet.

JrRacinFan, Jan 15, 2020
  3. travva Win User
    Reinstalling windows 7

Hey guys I got a new xfi soundcard yesterday and was having a few issues which i feel are software related so i decided to reinstall windows 7. I've done this numerous times on this computer. When I go to install it tells me once i click 'install now' and before i select my drives etc that i need a cd/dvd driver, flash drive, etc and tells me i can remove my installation media during this step. WTF? The ONLY thing that i can think of that's changed is my new sound card. I made sure no flash drives were attached and even unhook my BT dongle for good measure. The disc is in good shape and like I said I've used it many time without issues. Any thoughts?

travva, Jan 15, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Reinstalling WINDOWS 7.

Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

He is right here, Windows 7 does a fantastic job of dealing with that and it's about time!

Also a good point, have a backup or be comfortable doing it.
    I am yet to have an issue doing it, even with a raid *as long as it was Intel to Intel* with windows 7.

niko084, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling WINDOWS 7.

1. Reinstalling WINDOWS 7. - Similar Threads - Reinstalling

2. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  3. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  4. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build: I have a computer I built with Windows 10. When the upgrade to 11 came out, my chipset did not support it. I want to build a new PC, and use my Windows 10 license on it--which should then allow me to upgrade to 11.Can I do that, or will Windows prevent it? It doesn't seem...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build: I have a computer I built with Windows 10. When the upgrade to 11 came out, my chipset did not support it. I want to build a new PC, and use my Windows 10 license on it--which should then allow me to upgrade to 11.Can I do that, or will Windows prevent it? It doesn't seem...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Reinstall windows on company laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows on company laptop: Hi all, I've recently bought a Dell Precision 5530 from a charity shop - it was running fine with Windows 11 ProAs it's a 2nd hand I did a clean install of windows, however after that it I get the 'setting up for work or school' and it install some programsI am then left to...
  9. Reinstall windows on company laptop

Reinstall windows on company laptop: Hi all, I've recently bought a Dell Precision 5530 from a charity shop - it was running fine with Windows 11 ProAs it's a 2nd hand I did a clean install of windows, however after that it I get the 'setting up for work or school' and it install some programsI am then left to...
  10. Constant BSODs even after multiple reinstalls

Constant BSODs even after multiple reinstalls: https://1drv.ms/f/c/87e99077ab53fab8/Erj6U6t3kOkggIdhBQAAAAABgBm6P3Im5IRHeDJ24GqQeA?e=gv8VK7For the past few days, I've been trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. While it was working fine before, I wanted to clear out the bloat accumulated on my computer, so I used...