Windows 10: Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

Discus and support Reinstalling windows after hard disk change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Y&HB, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Y&HB Win User

Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

Hello,

Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall windows 10 on my new HDD?

Thanks

:)

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 10, 2018
  3. hard disk change

Hi,

Changing a hardware component on your computer is a bit risky. Many things have to be considered like the compatibility and capability of the part that you'll be changing. For better assistance regarding this matter, we highly suggest that you contact the
    manufacturer of your computer. This is so they can provide you recommendations about the best options that you have. As well as the steps on how to change the hard disk on your computer.

This link provides information on how to obtain a computer manufacturers' contact information.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Perra Win User

Hard Rectangular Drive Could be the Hard Disk Answer to SSDs

You're probably right but until SSD's come down to a more reasonable price-level, I'm all for this kind of stuff. Can probably be a perfect stepping-stone from HDD to SSD.

If it ever gets to stores that is *Smile Reinstalling windows after hard disk change :)

Perra, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change - Similar Threads - Reinstalling hard disk

2. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  3. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  4. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  5. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change

Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change: Today I got my hard disk changed and cannot activate Windows 10 after that. I get the error code 0xC004F213 although my device is seemingly connected to my Microsoft account. I tried to re-enter the product key but the key on the CD I got from the retailer doesn't work - it...
  7. reinstal windows after changing my hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstal windows after changing my hard disk: Hello! I change my my laptop hard disk because it is not work suddenly so I want to reintal windows 10 home like I hade and was activated with digital licens ....
  8. Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.: Hello, I have Lenovo laptop which I bought around 5 yrs back with genuine windows 7 Home premium with product key. I have updated it to windows 10 when windows 10 update notification was popping up into notification box. Everything was working fine for me from the last...
  9. Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement

Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement: I had upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. However, my hard disk crashed and my service provider re installed window 7 after installing new hard disk. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 and windows will identify earlier activation if its not based on hard disk....
  10. Reinstall a hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstall a hard disk: Hi, I must re-install Windows on a laptop, I've created a bootable flash disk, but apparently the hard disk it self is uninstalled. I can't find the driver. It is driver wdc wd10spcx-24z10. Can you help me ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install windows after hard disk change