Windows 10: Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

Discus and support Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have Lenovo laptop which I bought around 5 yrs back with genuine windows 7 Home premium with product key. I have updated it to windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HrishikeshGautam, May 9, 2020.

1. Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

Hello,

I have Lenovo laptop which I bought around 5 yrs back with genuine windows 7 Home premium with product key.

I have updated it to windows 10 when windows 10 update notification was popping up into notification box.

Everything was working fine for me from the last few years but now my HDD crashed and need to replace it with a new HDD.

I have not taken any kind of recovery of my windows 7 but after upgrade windows.old folder was created which is still in my C drive.

My Windows 7 was the genuine version so windows 10 didn't ask for activation, it just upgraded.

So now as I am going to change my HDD is there any way to get the Windows 7 Home premium backup or same from the official site which I can activate with the product key which I already have ??

Secondly, if I install a fresh windows 10 and put my product key of windows 7, will it activate it?

Thirdly, if I make the recovery of the current windows 10 will it be performing same as it was earlier means it won't ask for activation and perform exactly as it was?

Fourthly, if making recovery in any external device will work, if yes then how?

I don't want to install any trial version and deal with activation later, I just want to have the genuine windows back into my new HDD.

Please help me with my queries and how to deal with this.

Regards,

Hrishi

:)

HrishikeshGautam, May 9, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 9, 2020
  3. How can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after a crash of the hard disk?

How can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after a crash of the hard disk?

GlaucoMuzzi, May 9, 2020
  4. Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

Windows 10 System Disk Crash - Guidance Needed On How To Reinstall With New Disk Drive

My C: Drive crashed and I now have to buy a new hard drive.

• I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home AND then paid to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • Yesterday, my system would not boot. Windows 10 install disk utilities could not repair the disk. The system disk it toast.
    • I will be buying a brand new disk today.
    • Will I have problems reinstalling Windows 10. What I fear is the license will not be valid because I changed hardware. I don't have the license key. The key was added automatically once I paid the fee.

southwestcoyote, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

1. Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed. - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Hard disk

2. Hard disk crashed so reinstalled windows, however windows key is not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard disk crashed so reinstalled windows, however windows key is not working: hi, my hard disk has crashed, i had to install windowswhen i input the key, the same is not workingI have the old installed copy on my hard disk which i recovered using recovery tools. can i recover the key from that...
  3. Hard disk crashed so reinstalled windows, however windows key is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk crashed so reinstalled windows, however windows key is not working: hi, my hard disk has crashed, i had to install windowswhen i input the key, the same is not workingI have the old installed copy on my hard disk which i recovered using recovery tools. can i recover the key from that...
  4. Microsoft activation after hard disk crash

Microsoft activation after hard disk crash: So I have had this laptop for almost 4 years now. The other day it crashed and I could not open it again, so I had it checked and I found out that my hard disk had crashed. So I replaced it with a new hard disk and I realized I never connected my digital license to my...
  5. reinstal windows after changing my hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstal windows after changing my hard disk: Hello! I change my my laptop hard disk because it is not work suddenly so I want to reintal windows 10 home like I hade and was activated with digital licens ....
  6. Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement

Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement: I had upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. However, my hard disk crashed and my service provider re installed window 7 after installing new hard disk. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 and windows will identify earlier activation if its not based on hard disk....
  7. Reinstall a hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstall a hard disk: Hi, I must re-install Windows on a laptop, I've created a bootable flash disk, but apparently the hard disk it self is uninstalled. I can't find the driver. It is driver wdc wd10spcx-24z10. Can you help me ?...
  8. Renstalling Windows 10 after hard disk crash

Renstalling Windows 10 after hard disk crash: I purchased a HP Laptop preloaded with MS OS Windows 10. The Hard Disk (Toshiba) crashed and I replaced it with a Seagate Hard Disk (1TB) - through a laptop service shop in Chennai India. Now I want to reinstall the Windows 10 OS. Please help....
  9. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...
  10. Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10: Hi all, I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 and format my C: drive. To do this, I used this guide. All went well, I created a bootable USB-stick with the Windows installer on it. Unfortunately, I forgot to disconnect any devices and/or drives before installing. This caused...