Windows 10: Reinstalling windows after motherboard and cpu change with a usb.

Discus and support Reinstalling windows after motherboard and cpu change with a usb. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just did a motherboard and cpu change and I'm trying to reinstall windows on my ssd. I want to do a full format of the drive and do a full new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sm4rtie, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Sm4rtie Win User

Reinstalling windows after motherboard and cpu change with a usb.

I have just did a motherboard and cpu change and I'm trying to reinstall windows on my ssd. I want to do a full format of the drive and do a full new reinstall but as I boot up with the usb the screen wont go past the windows symbol page. The dots do appear at the bottom of the screen like they supposed to . The screen just stays stuck on the windows symbol page.

:)

Sm4rtie, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Haegely Win User

Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

I bought a default Lenovo K450 a few years back that came with Windows 8 preinstalled. Well over the past few months I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, and moved too an SSD without much of a hassle since I was using the same motherboard and CPU. Well, I'm moving
    too a whole new upgrade and changing the case, motherboard, CPU, and adding a network card. My question is, once I've changed out all of the parts, will I need to reinstall Windows 8, or can I just install Windows 10 again like normal and follow the steps
    with customer support to establish the legitimacy of my previous Windows OS? I have the OEM and Product Key.

Haegely, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Change motherboards without reinstalling Windows 7!

it is quite possible. i've done it dozens of times.

I dont really recommend it however, better to have a fresh install of windows so you dont get all sorts of leftover junk (old drivers etc)

Mussels, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Amol S. Win User

Changing my MOBO and CPU a

You will have to buy windows license if you change the motherboard, unless you made the computer originally in the first place, or bought a license key.

Amol S., Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstalling windows after motherboard and cpu change with a usb. - Similar Threads - Reinstalling motherboard cpu

2. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall: So i literally just changed my hardware, reinstalled windows and won't activate.Last time i activated windows was with the Free windows 7 - 10 free upgrade, 6 years ago - So im left at a loss.How do i get Microsoft to allow my windows to get activated again?...
  3. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall: So i literally just changed my hardware, reinstalled windows and won't activate.Last time i activated windows was with the Free windows 7 - 10 free upgrade, 6 years ago - So im left at a loss.How do i get Microsoft to allow my windows to get activated again?...
  4. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CPU and motherboard change?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    CPU and motherboard change?: Hello i have a question if i want to change from a r5 1600 and b350m per vdh to a b450 Tomahawk max and a r7 3700x i can simply exchange this or do i have to reinstall Windows 10? CPU und Mainboard wechsel?
  6. Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change

Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change: Hey, I recently upgraded my PC's motherboard and CPU, now windows is telling me to activate windows i bought a key somewhere between late 2017 to early 2018, whenever i try to troubleshoot in the settings, all i can select is my OLD motherboard device windows seems to see it...
  7. windows reinstallation after a motherboard change

windows reinstallation after a motherboard change: Actually I have two PCs Built To Order with Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 Professional (NON OEM). As I intend to replace the motherboards, I will need to reinstall windows. I want to to reuse the same OS licenses. How can I do that? In the same order, I would like also...
  8. Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change: I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying to activate windows 10...
  9. Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU

Reactivating windows after changing the motherboard and CPU: I'm trying to reactivate my windows 10 with the "I recently changed hardware" option given in the troubleshooting menu, and my old PC DOES appear in the menu, but trying to select it just takes me to an empty window that says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try...
  10. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...