Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am experiencing issues with my HP ZBook running Windows 10 Pro build 1909 , several Microsoft apps or functions hang when called. This is despite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Michael Wasilewski, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question

I am experiencing issues with my HP ZBook running Windows 10 Pro build 1909 , several Microsoft apps or functions hang when called. This is despite going through a reset of Windows after trying several other fixes first.

The key aspect of my situation is I cannot link my Microsoft account to my digital licence. Attempting to add it hangs and then dies. I am not making any hardware changes, but the documentation reads ambiguously with respect to a reinstall on the same hardware.

Has anyone successfully reinstalled Windows 10 with a digital licence that is not linked to a Microsoft account? Alternatively, if you know how I can link my licence to my account I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Michael Wasilewski, Jun 24, 2020
  2. dantandem Win User

digital licence for windows

ok here goes :

reactivation of windows 10 after hardware changes doesnt work.

Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question bd5a8bce-dc74-4a99-9c0b-227f8fdb65cf?upload=true.png

to add I had nothing but problems since upgrading for free my wifi adaptor failed so I had to purchase another. then my ethernet port failed. so was forced into probably purchasing a new mb next step up from the failed one ( possibly because of poxy windows
    10 upgrade)

Also I thought when I upgraded so called "digital licence" to win 10 I no longer needed my windows 7 disc and key so binned it.

next step was to put old motherboard which is linked to digital licence. back in and reinstall correct version of windows to match my digital licence worked windows activated! ffixxed

now to change my motherboard back to the non faulty one..... and try to reactivate...…………..!!!

windows no longer activated.... and that the message in the window when trying to

dantandem, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Windows Digital licence transfer

PutraNakal, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question

Windows Digital licence transfer

Hi,

hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC (almost everything apart from BD and case!) and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is
    invalid. From memory the old licence was associated to an old Windows 8.1 licence I bought many years ago.

Is there anyway to utilise the digital licence. The only licence on my account I can use is a licence associated to a laptop that I actively use. Although the old PC is listed as have a digital licence.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated

Thanks

GordonWilkie, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question

1. Reinstalling Windows and a Digital Licence Question - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Digital Licence

2. Digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence: I have been wanting to reinstall windows from scratch and get as clean a copy as possible for some time now and I been looking into it lately. I want to try and get rid if any ghosts partitions left behind such as my old windows 7 i can bring up on startup by clicking on F8 i...
  3. Windows Digital Licence

Windows Digital Licence: I upgraded to from windows 10 Home to windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store digital Licence successfully . I would like to know if, i change to a new computer how do i reactivate this licence to a new computer?...
  4. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: Dear sir, I am a ninth class student, I made a computer from my local shop, which did not have original windows, can I get a digital license of Windows please. Shourya Ingley...
  5. Question about digital licences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about digital licences: I was wondering how digital licences work in this scenario: PC1 has W10 activated with microsoft account (digital licence tied to account) with harware info from PC1 on the server. First question: Can I remove the microsoft account used to activate Windows? If so, what...
  6. Digital Licence & Right to Reinstall on new hardware

Digital Licence & Right to Reinstall on new hardware: I initially had a Retail copy of Windows 7 installed on a desktop PC which over time I upgraded to Windows 8 then Windoms 10 Home using the free offer from MS. Win10 Home working fine and when I check using slmgr /dlv it shows as being a Retail copy for which I have...
  7. Digital licence

Digital licence: Hello, I have purchased a laptop and have signed in with a microsoft account the activate the windows, this is a year back. However now i have this problem of my windows edition showing i have windows pro but not activated. when i clicked the troubleshoot it tells me that i...
  8. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  9. digital licence for windows

digital licence for windows: tried win 10 pro install cant verify digital licence same for win 10 home. do I need a specific version of windows for my digital licence? if so which one and where do I get it from I think I saw something about ver.1609 ?? thanks...
  10. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"