Windows 10: reinstalling windows and a microsoft account

Discus and support reinstalling windows and a microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Will reinstalling windows do anything to my account like delete it? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Intijir, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Intijir Win User

reinstalling windows and a microsoft account

Will reinstalling windows do anything to my account like delete it?

Thanks!

:)

Intijir, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown reinstalling windows and a microsoft account :(

Zakin, Apr 8, 2021
  3. cjayed Win User
    Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. reinstalling windows and a microsoft account - Similar Threads - reinstalling microsoft account

2. Windows Reinstall, Microsoft account not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reinstall, Microsoft account not found: We were having issues with a windows activation so we factory reset the PC. When the "Lets set things up for your work or school" screen appears and we attempt to login with the Microsoft account it says <microsoft account>.com isn't in our system. Make sure you typed it...
  3. Windows Reinstall, Microsoft account not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reinstall, Microsoft account not found: We were having issues with a windows activation so we factory reset the PC. When the "Lets set things up for your work or school" screen appears and we attempt to login with the Microsoft account it says <microsoft account>.com isn't in our system. Make sure you typed it...
  4. Wrong Microsoft Account Selected When Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Microsoft Account Selected When Reinstalling Windows: Hi All,Really hoping that someone can URGENTLY assist! Here is the situation: - I run a small business from my laptop - I had to reinstall Windows on my 18 month old HP Elitebook due to some performance issues - HP tech was guiding me, and when it came time to select the type...
  5. Wrong Microsoft Account Selected When Reinstalling Windows

Wrong Microsoft Account Selected When Reinstalling Windows: Hi All,Really hoping that someone can URGENTLY assist! Here is the situation: - I run a small business from my laptop - I had to reinstall Windows on my 18 month old HP Elitebook due to some performance issues - HP tech was guiding me, and when it came time to select the type...
  6. Wrong Microsoft Account Selected When Reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Change Microsoft account after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Microsoft account after reinstall: What would be the most logical procedure: I bought a new/used pc for my wife, validated the existing Win 10 as a legit and reinstall able to that version, with Support Assistant OS Tool. I did the clean reinstall after signing into my MS account and "touching" MS. Now...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 and using a different Microsoft account: So this is quite the long question for most likely a short awnser, but I still need help, which I would appreciate very much! I have this LAPTOPwith an OEM Windows 10 keyand I use my Microsoft account to log in, which I assume is linked to itmy LAPTOP. But very soon I will...
  9. Reinstall Microsoft Account Sign In Assistant

Reinstall Microsoft Account Sign In Assistant: I've just been searching the Apps section of the settings looking for Microsoft Account Sign In Assistant and it isn't there for some reason. Is there a way I can reinstall this item? If not, is there a way you can help me access Xbox Console Companion. Every time I try to...
  10. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...