Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows for a fresh start

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows for a fresh start in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently have Windows 10 as my Os on my C drive ssd and I have a 2tb hdd on D mostly for storage. My computer's been slowing down recently and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr_AppleBerry, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Windows for a fresh start

I currently have Windows 10 as my Os on my C drive ssd and I have a 2tb hdd on D mostly for storage. My computer's been slowing down recently and I just feel like it could use a fresh start. There honestly isn't too much I want to save from the C drive and anything I do I've alraady copied over to D, so which method would be best to reinstall windows on my C drive? I know there's a reset my Pc option from the settings but will that only format my C drive or will it do it to the D drive HDD as well?

submitted by /u/Mr_AppleBerry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr_AppleBerry, Jan 16, 2020
  2. rampage Win User

Reinstall Windows?

yes 64bit can handle and use more then 3 gig of ram where 32bit cant and yes you will need to reinstall windows when you upgrade, typically when you change motherboards and a lot of hardware it is best to start with a fresh install of windows

rampage, Jan 16, 2020
  3. fresh start

I want to reinstall windows 10with a clean version

windows suggest to use the new fresh start that comes with the anniversary packet. I am unable to do a fresh start because my windows defender do have a security centre. please give me advice I am ready to throw this laptop out the window.

all I want is a fresh start. some one please help

faheemabrahams, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Reinstalling Windows for a fresh start

Windows Fresh Start

What I mean by fresh start is, an option found in Windows Defender Security Center -> Device Performance & Health -> Fresh Star

• Fresh Start: "Start fresh with a clean up to date installation of Windows. This will keep your personal files and some windows settings, and remove some of your apps."
    I proceeded to check the disk through the mentioned instructions but no error was found. Any idea what might be causing the issue?

DiegoOchoa1, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows for a fresh start

1. Reinstalling Windows for a fresh start - Similar Threads - Reinstalling fresh start

2. Fresh reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh reinstall of windows: I wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10, now this is upgraded from windows 8 that came with my laptop, now I have backed up my data and created a USB install stick. Before I actually do it, how can I save my various licenses for the softwares I have on my laptop. Is...
  3. Fresh reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh reinstall of windows: I wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10, now this is upgraded from windows 8 that came with my laptop, now I have backed up my data and created a USB install stick. Before I actually do it, how can I save my various licenses for the softwares I have on my laptop. Is...
  4. Fresh reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows fresh start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows fresh start: if I do a fresh start on my computer will it delete the apps and games I downloaded from the internet, steam, epic games and is there a way to choose witch files wont get deleted and will be protected...
  6. Windows Fresh start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Fresh start: I reinstalled windows 10 using windows fresh start. I reinstalled some of my apps and restarted my laptop after that my desktop refused to load up but i can open apps with task manager....
  7. Fresh Start

Fresh Start: A friend of mine used Fresh Start hoping to speed up her computer. The result, after an hour and a half or so, was that she couldn't do anything with her keyboard or mouse when she started up (or restarted). I saw that she had a serial port so I found an old serial mouse at...
  8. 'Fresh Start' failed. How do I reinstall a fresh windows 10 operating system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Fresh Start' failed. How do I reinstall a fresh windows 10 operating system?: Something went wrong with an update or something happened at some point. At first, the update worker would run and eventually crash the computer, I did solution 4 here https://windowsreport.com/tiworker-exe-causes-high-disk-usage/, the crashing stopped thereafter, however I...
  9. Starting Windows fresh

Starting Windows fresh: I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer to solve a problem. I've put the Windows 10 installer on my USB stick. I need to install Windows while removing everything on my Hard Drive. I've tried doing this twice, selecting the 'keep nothing' options both times. But both...
  10. fresh start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh start: Hi, I did a fresh start yesterday,,, oh my!!! I wish I hadn't. All because I saw that it was recommended. I've been trying to fix my batterey only charging to 58% and it came up so I thought, why not if it needs to. It's wiped my google chrome & my Norton protection to name...