Windows 10: Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

Discus and support Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is a button in windows settings that allows you to reset your windows? Will this affect my ubuntu partion in any way?? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nicknotname2, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

There is a button in windows settings that allows you to reset your windows? Will this affect my ubuntu partion in any way??

submitted by /u/Nicknotname2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nicknotname2, Jul 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 4, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system?

1. Reinstalling windows from a dual booted system? - Similar Threads - Reinstalling dual booted

2. Reinstalling windows from aa usb bootable drive in a dual booted system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling windows from aa usb bootable drive in a dual booted system.: Windows 10 and ubuntu 20.04 dual booted rig.I am badly stuck here. I had a test for which I had to download the mettl test browser.The pc got hung and I was unable to close the browser. It had all privileges and wouldnot let me shut down the pc or close any background...
  3. Reinstalling windows from aa usb bootable drive in a dual booted system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows from aa usb bootable drive in a dual booted system.: Windows 10 and ubuntu 20.04 dual booted rig.I am badly stuck here. I had a test for which I had to download the mettl test browser.The pc got hung and I was unable to close the browser. It had all privileges and wouldnot let me shut down the pc or close any background...
  4. Reinstalling windows from aa usb bootable drive in a dual booted system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dual booting from UEFI system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting from UEFI system: I just purchased a new pc that comes with windows 10 home and uses UEFI for booting. I have a disk image of windows 7 from my old pc which used BIOS. I want to restore that image to a GPT disk partition and then setup a dual boot. Is this possible? How do I go about setting...
  6. Recover/reset/reinstall windows from Ubuntu dual boot system

Recover/reset/reinstall windows from Ubuntu dual boot system: Hi Somehow the windows is not starting. Always taking to the recovery options. I am on a dual booted system with Linux Ubutnu20.04. Please tell me how can I get the windows back without using any bootable USB. Because I tried and the USB got corrupted....
  7. reinstall win 10 dual boot system

reinstall win 10 dual boot system: I need to reinstall win 10 without deleting Ubuntu OS I do not know how to tell windows to overwrite only old win 10 partition and not entire hd Thank You 171641
  8. Formatting and reinstalling Windows from a Windows 10-Ubuntu Dual boot system

Formatting and reinstalling Windows from a Windows 10-Ubuntu Dual boot system: I have a dual boot system with windows 10 and Ubuntu 19.04. I had gotten a recovery USB drive made at the time of purchase of the system. If I try to format and reinstall a fresh copy of windows will it affect my Ubuntu install? How do I format just the Windows part of my...
  9. Recovering Window or reinstalling from Dual Boot snafu

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering Window or reinstalling from Dual Boot snafu: Man did I screw something up. I was doing a Windows 10/Ubuntu Budgie dual boot experiment. I had forgotten that in this scenario Budgie starts creating little Windows headaches not worth having and so I decided my 'fun and games' were over and I'd erase the Linux partition....
  10. Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe: Since Windows 8.1 core OEM has the Sear.ch malware on it and I have a Windows 8.1 Pro key, I'm going to format the partition and reinstall. I have the flash drive ready with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. At the same time I'm going to format the partition and reinstall Windows 10...