Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am just about to do reinstall of Windows, because I have a lot of problems with it which have no reasons. For ex.: - I am having BoSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JakubLapka, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD

Hello, I am just about to do reinstall of Windows, because I have a lot of problems with it which have no reasons.

For ex.:

- I am having BoSD absolutely randomly i.e. sometimes its ok and others not so when recovering from sleep / hibernate mode, where pretty much every BoSD have a different problem. [The problem is not the hardware as everything is new and everything is in perfect condition, RAM, nvme, HDD passed all tests]

- Have a dics 51 error, which cannot be, because I've run all tests chkdsk, includet sw, etc.

- DCOM warns and errors where the files are missing or there is a privilage error

- volmgr where the contents of RAM were not writen correctly

- Kernel-Power errors I have even tried 750W PSU as I thought it might be it as I had 550W one

- A whole bunch of Aplication Errors where files, paths and other things were missing or did not have permission to the location

etc.

- sfc command did not find anything. chkdsk did not find anything, build in repair tool did not find anything

I tried really hard to solve those problem, but after 12 days of debugging and repairing I just give up.

My question then is: If Windows is installed on C drive and my libraries are on D drive, will those folders be cleared because of their location different to the Windows install location?

:)

JakubLapka, Jul 28, 2020

2. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD

1. Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD - Similar Threads - Reinstalling restore option

2. Reinstall windows from hdd to m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows from hdd to m.2: Want to reinstall windows from my hdd to m.2 due to running into many performance issues. I have a Windows media creation on a USB. submitted by /u/Lakeroad1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8wylm/reinstall_windows_from_hdd_to_m2/
  3. Import a restore point from an HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import a restore point from an HDD: Hello, I've recently upgraded my laptop from an HDD to a SSD, but didn't do any backups beforehand and I really wanted to use one of the restore points in my old HDD to restore my computer, since I'm no computer expert I don't have the slightest idea if that's even possible....
  4. Hdd restore

Hdd restore: So i have a HDD and im trying to put windows 10 iso on it to bring my PC back on. The ISO is there, but when i try to restore the PC back to windows (after switching it to lunux mint, long story) Anyways i could NOT figure out how to change from linux BACK to windows 10...
  5. How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?: I have a PC with only one HDD and Windows 10 installed on it. I am soon buying a second drive (SSD). Since I will be buying it I will reinstall Windows on it. I don't know how to do it. Can you guys help me? P.S. I don't care about the data on my HDD. I can erase it....
  6. Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD

Reinstalling Windows from restore option - Libraries on differend HDD: Hello, I am just about to do reinstall of Windows, because I have a lot of problems with it which have no reasons. For ex.: - I am having BoSD (absolutely randomly i.e. sometimes its ok and others not so) when recovering from sleep / hibernate mode, where pretty much every...
  7. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd: I want to install windows 10 on the new ssd, my currently windows 10 is on my hdd. I search on the internet that i have to remove the hdd before the new install but my laptop hdd is a little bit tricky to remove. Is there another way that i don't have to remove the hdd. Can i...
  8. No option to include folder into a library

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to include folder into a library: Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10 Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I don't have "Library" explorer subfolder in navigation pane nor do I have the option to "Library tools -> manage" in ribon of...
  9. Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. If you mistakenly delete any of the default libraries,...
  10. Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD: I was trying to move my libraries off of my SSD. In doing so I accidentally moved my Documents library onto my drive D: (my HDD). When I realized that it did not work the way I wanted it to I tried to reset to default, but instead of moving the Documents library back to C:...