Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop has a 1tb standard harddrive. I purchased an Intel 512mb SSD M.2. The MB (MSI X99s SLI Plus) does support this SSD *atleast I hope it does*.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UnbelievaJoe, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD

My desktop has a 1tb standard harddrive. I purchased an Intel 512mb SSD M.2. The MB (MSI X99s SLI Plus) does support this SSD *atleast I hope it does*. Currently the computer reads the drive, but its not formatted so it isnt showing in the Windows Explorer. I would like to reinstall windows OS onto the SSD, and use the 1tb HD as back up. I'm not really concerned with losing 3rd party programs so I am not too worried about a clean install. My desktop was purchased off IBP so I do not have the OS discs. Is there anyway to just reinstall this OS onto the new SSD on this same PC? Thank you for your help.

:)

UnbelievaJoe, Feb 12, 2019
  2. ProxCor3 Win User

Reformatting SSD and not HD

Hello there!

I have an MSI Laptop with a 128gb SSD and a 500gb HD.

I have windows installed on my SSD and personal files on my HD. But now my SSD is almost full i wish to format it / reinstall windows 10 on it for a fresh start, but without losing the data on my HD.

I have been using Mac OSX for the past ten and am very out of touch of windows.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this would be awesome.

Many thanks.

Alex

ProxCor3, Feb 12, 2019
  3. cll33 Win User
    additional SSD

Can not access recently functioning additional SSD. Have pics, documents and etc on drive. Was working, the following morning turned on computer and I suddenly cant access the drive. suggestions?

cll33, Feb 12, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD

1. Reinstalling Windows, From standard HD to additional SSD - Similar Threads - Reinstalling standard additional

2. Additional SSD as an Unallocated Partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional SSD as an Unallocated Partition?: Can I install an additional SSD in my Windows 10 PC, and use it as an Unallocated Partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-ssd-as-an-unallocated-partition/11c52df6-a7a7-4906-aad6-2392925e0d01
  3. Vision Standard reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Vision Standard reinstall: My current computer is having hardware issues. I have a new computer that I need to transfer Visio that I purchased through the MS store several years ago but I do not have all the purchase info. It is Visio Standard 2016 version. Can you help me to install onto my new...
  4. How to move OS from HD to SSD ?

How to move OS from HD to SSD ?: So i have about a 100 gb ssd. its connected to a different sata than the hard drive windows 10 is installed. How do i get just the OS to run from that ssd ? I want to use the hard drive just for software and different files as storage. Im getting a new ssd i want to use...
  5. How to move OS from HD to SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OS from HD to SSD ?: So i have about a 100 gb ssd. its connected to a different sata than the hard drive windows 10 is installed. How do i get just the OS to run from that ssd ? I want to use the hard drive just for software and different files as storage. Im getting a new ssd i want to use...
  6. UAC & standard users with additional privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC & standard users with additional privileges: I am using windows 10, version 1909 I am new to tenforums. I am also new to Windows 10. I am in the process of switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I joined tenforums because I have a problem with configuring Windows 10 that I am unable to solve on my own. Perhaps someone...
  7. Reinstalling windows on a new HD

Reinstalling windows on a new HD: My hard disk failed a few days back so I'm in the process of getting a new one. Is there a way I can use my old Windows 10 licence? Or do I have to buy a new copy? To make thing more complicated I'm not at all sure where the licence code is. Thank you for any advice...
  8. Explorer search not working with additional HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search not working with additional HD: I have tried to rebulid the index multiple times and it still will not work. when I go into a folder containing music and try to search and artist it always says "No Items Match Your Search" This is a second hard drive added to my computer for storage. Anyone know how to...
  9. Internal Or External HD Addition ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal Or External HD Addition ?: Hello, New desktop pc that came with 1 TB HD. Debating installing another internal 1 TB HD vs just using an external one. Lots of Photos, and another user with lots of video, etc. The only advantage that I can see for another internal one is that it is probably...
  10. HD too SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    HD too SSD: Almost a year I updated my Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro. Now I would like to replace my DH with an SSD. I will make a clone of the HD to the SSD with AOMEI Backupper Professional. What about my Microsoft Windows License? Will it still be valid? thanks in advance for...