Windows 10: Reinstalling windows on a new HD

Discus and support Reinstalling windows on a new HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard disk failed a few days back so I'm in the process of getting a new one. Is there a way I can use my old Windows 10 licence? Or do I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stuey99, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Stuey99 Win User

Reinstalling windows on a new HD

My hard disk failed a few days back so I'm in the process of getting a new one.

Is there a way I can use my old Windows 10 licence? Or do I have to buy a new copy? To make thing more complicated I'm not at all sure where the licence code is.

Thank you for any advice

:)

Stuey99, Aug 15, 2019

2. Recognizing usb hd dock in Windows 10

Thanks so much. Got EaseUs like you suggested. Took care of everything. Next step, reinstalling Windows 10 on a new HD. Thanks again.

BrettNesin, Aug 15, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Reinstalling windows on a new HD [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Reinstalling windows on a new HD

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Reinstalling windows on a new HD

1. Reinstalling windows on a new HD - Similar Threads - Reinstalling

2. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows: Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running fine last night. After doing some updates this morning and restarting my PC I got an error code for the inaccessible boot...
  3. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows: Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running fine last night. After doing some updates this morning and restarting my PC I got an error code for the inaccessible boot...
  4. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer takes more longer to start up. It is slower than before I reinstall windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer takes more longer to start up. It is slower than before I reinstall windows.: My computer start up is slow than before I reinstall windows 11 , before it took 10 seconds , now it takes 20 seconds. when I restart and when it is starting again the sound We here when windows start Windows start up sound has a delay. It plays after loads the lock screen. I...
  6. My computer takes more longer to start up. It is slower than before I reinstall windows.

My computer takes more longer to start up. It is slower than before I reinstall windows.: My computer start up is slow than before I reinstall windows 11 , before it took 10 seconds , now it takes 20 seconds. when I restart and when it is starting again the sound We here when windows start Windows start up sound has a delay. It plays after loads the lock screen. I...
  7. Unexpected reinstalling Windows 11 23H2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected reinstalling Windows 11 23H2 upgrade: HiMy system was working fine until now. Today, my Windows 11 forced me to reinstall 23H2 upgrade through update. I don't know why this happened. I'm not participating with Windows Insider. In the screenshot below we have two the same entry: Windows 11, version 23H2. During...
  8. Unexpected reinstalling Windows 11 23H2 upgrade

Unexpected reinstalling Windows 11 23H2 upgrade: HiMy system was working fine until now. Today, my Windows 11 forced me to reinstall 23H2 upgrade through update. I don't know why this happened. I'm not participating with Windows Insider. In the screenshot below we have two the same entry: Windows 11, version 23H2. During...
  9. Windows 11 won't let me install Chrome. It stopped and advised to uninstall and reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't let me install Chrome. It stopped and advised to uninstall and reinstall...: Windows 11 won't let me install Chrome. It stopped and advised to uninstall and reinstall but it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-wont-let-me-install-chrome-it-stopped/ecedc9bb-6693-4203-ab1d-70cd14db0fd6
  10. Windows 11 won't let me install Chrome. It stopped and advised to uninstall and reinstall...

Windows 11 won't let me install Chrome. It stopped and advised to uninstall and reinstall...: Windows 11 won't let me install Chrome. It stopped and advised to uninstall and reinstall but it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-wont-let-me-install-chrome-it-stopped/ecedc9bb-6693-4203-ab1d-70cd14db0fd6