Windows 10: Reinstalling windows on an laptop

Discus and support Reinstalling windows on an laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had original windows 10 on my laptop and chose to install ubuntu. I wish to reinstall windows now. I dont have the keys which i used as laptop came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AswinAjai, Aug 25, 2020.

1. AswinAjai Win User

Reinstalling windows on an laptop

I had original windows 10 on my laptop and chose to install ubuntu. I wish to reinstall windows now. I dont have the keys which i used as laptop came pre-installed with windows.

In this scenario should i re-purchase keys/software again?

:)

AswinAjai, Aug 25, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 25, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstalling windows on an laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Reinstalling windows on an laptop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling windows on an laptop

1. Reinstalling windows on an laptop - Similar Threads - Reinstalling laptop

2. Reinstall windows on company laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows on company laptop: Hi all, I've recently bought a Dell Precision 5530 from a charity shop - it was running fine with Windows 11 ProAs it's a 2nd hand I did a clean install of windows, however after that it I get the 'setting up for work or school' and it install some programsI am then left to...
  3. Reinstall windows on company laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall windows on company laptop: Hi all, I've recently bought a Dell Precision 5530 from a charity shop - it was running fine with Windows 11 ProAs it's a 2nd hand I did a clean install of windows, however after that it I get the 'setting up for work or school' and it install some programsI am then left to...
  4. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....
  5. Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...

Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update...: Laptop turned super slow overnight. Uninstalled windows and now reinstalling as update would not work. Now it’s been stuck at 62% the window displays — Preparing to reset, Status: Preparing to reset. It’s been stuck on 62% status for over 60 minutes. I don’t know what to do....
  6. Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that: Hello everyone.I recently bought a new Laptop and I am facing some issues with the preinstalled Windows 11 Home edition. It sometimes crashes or get Blue Screen Of Death or stuck on shutting down/Restarting.I even updated all the drivers and windows apps using Windows 11...
  7. Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that

Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop which has a preinstalled version of that: Hello everyone.I recently bought a new Laptop and I am facing some issues with the preinstalled Windows 11 Home edition. It sometimes crashes or get Blue Screen Of Death or stuck on shutting down/Restarting.I even updated all the drivers and windows apps using Windows 11...
  8. Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop with preinstalled of that version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop with preinstalled of that version: Hello everyone.I recently bought a new Laptop and I am facing some issues with the preinstalled Windows 11 Home edition. It sometimes crashes or get Blue Screen Of Death or stuck on shutting down/Restarting.I even updated all the drivers and windows apps using Windows 11...
  9. Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop with preinstalled of that version

Reinstall Windows 11 Home on a laptop with preinstalled of that version: Hello everyone.I recently bought a new Laptop and I am facing some issues with the preinstalled Windows 11 Home edition. It sometimes crashes or get Blue Screen Of Death or stuck on shutting down/Restarting.I even updated all the drivers and windows apps using Windows 11...
  10. How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall/reinstate bluetooth functionality on my laptop: Hi, 24/02/2024I have a Lenovo yoga slim 7 running windows 11. I had previously turned off bluetooth via the toggle switch which used to be available when i clicked the battery and wifi logo on the task bar. When i was ready to turn bluetooth back on this toggle was no longer...