Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I was to delete the windows partition are reinstall from a usb stick, would it work as well as the pre-installed Windows or is it made to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GAMER_H2, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop

If I was to delete the windows partition are reinstall from a usb stick, would it work as well as the pre-installed Windows or is it made to work better with this laptop. If it's just drivers and software that it comes with, can I just download it back?

Sorry if the question doesn't make perfect sense (have been messing around with this and am tired now). I can clarify anything if you don't understand.

submitted by /u/GAMER_H2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GAMER_H2, Jul 2, 2020

2. CAUGHT: Lenovo crams unremovable crapware into Windows laptops – by hiding it in the BIOS

Exactly. The BIOS effectively are software in mainboard flash memory. It isn't firmware anymore. There's nothing to stop OEMs from putting whatever they want in that space.

Lenovo has been on my shit list since not long after they bought out IBM's PC division. The Windows reinstall disks were 1 disk Windows, 6 disks mandatory crapware. Welcome to the next generation crapware.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Multiple 0x0000009c BSODs on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop

Symptoms:
    • Windows 10 Pro BSODs randomly (after freezing). I have almost 12 identical dumps (attached).
    • There seems to be no pattern to it but sometimes it happens when the machine is idle.
    • The machine just hangs and then eventually reboots -- most of the time I don't even see a BSOD screen, it just goes from a frozen screen to reboot and the dump is generated.

Steps Taken With No Success:
    • Ran full memtest with no issues.
    • Clean Windows reinstall.
    • Changed from HDD to Crucial SSD.
    • Updated BIOS and drivers to what I think are the latest (manufacturer website).

Important System Characteristics:
    • Lenovo Z70 laptop with dual Intel 5500 and nVidia GeForce 840M graphics cards
    • Virtualization technology is turned on in BIOS in order to run virtual machines
    • The BSODs stopped for a good while and then started up again quite frequently lately. I haven't been able to pinpoint any changes in how I use the machine.

Most of the dumps seem to point to intelppm.sys --I'm not sure where to go from here.I have attached the output of the information DM log collector. I have gone through all the files and sanitized them to remove any sensitive personal information (according to me) but that shouldn't affect the integrity of the information.

chessoriginal, Jul 2, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop

CAUGHT: Lenovo crams unremovable crapware into Windows laptops – by hiding it in the BIOS

@pigulici is your laptop Affected?

P4-630, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop

1. Reinstalling Windows on Lenovo Laptop - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Lenovo Laptop

2. Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop: HiWhy when i Turn the laptop on it ask for a password to get to my desktop.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop/53bdbdc4-a82c-4a9e-a509-0fcc9d5b7480
  3. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.: I was reseting my computer and getting rid of all the files, it asked me if I wanted to do the install over cloud or drive, i picked cloud as i was connected to a decent internet, and every thin was going well until i got to the installation phase and it froze, i tried...
  4. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.: I was reseting my computer and getting rid of all the files, it asked me if I wanted to do the install over cloud or drive, i picked cloud as i was connected to a decent internet, and every thin was going well until i got to the installation phase and it froze, i tried...
  5. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop: Someone within my workplace has brought up a lenovo laptop to the office for us to try and fix The screen is just black but still powers on and the caps lock indicator light is just constantly on, i have tried a hard reset and connecting it to external monitor but to no...
  7. Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop: Someone within my workplace has brought up a lenovo laptop to the office for us to try and fix The screen is just black but still powers on and the caps lock indicator light is just constantly on, i have tried a hard reset and connecting it to external monitor but to no...
  8. Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...

Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...: So I bought a laptop from Lenovo and replaced Windows with Kali Linux. It was a horrible decision, so I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB.Long story short: no networks show up to connect to and I have a yellow symbol next to my network adapter in the device manager.I have...
  9. Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bought Lenovo laptop, uninstalled Windows, installed Linux, uninstalled Linux, reinstalled...: So I bought a laptop from Lenovo and replaced Windows with Kali Linux. It was a horrible decision, so I reinstalled Windows 10 using a USB.Long story short: no networks show up to connect to and I have a yellow symbol next to my network adapter in the device manager.I have...
  10. Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo laptop: I am stuck on safemode asking for password to enter after three attemps i get system locked any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-laptop/efd86ac2-2eb3-44b6-893d-6710ac9f77e5