Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a retail version of Windows 7 which I previously updated to Windows 10. I have had to change my motherboard and CPU. Can I perform a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by angshub, Jan 23, 2020.

1. angshub Win User

Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard

I have a retail version of Windows 7 which I previously updated to Windows 10. I have had to change my motherboard and CPU. Can I perform a clean install of Windows 10 and use my previous product key for Windows 10? If not, can I use my Windows 7 key?

Thank you

:)

angshub, Jan 23, 2020
  2. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Jan 23, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard

1. Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard - Similar Threads - Reinstalling motherboard

2. Do I have to reinstall Windows 11 OS again if I were to change my motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to reinstall Windows 11 OS again if I were to change my motherboard?: I am planning to upgrade my current setup to the newer generation and sell my old parts off to a friend. However, I do not want to spend extra money buying new SSDs and wasting time reinstalling Windows 11 and all my software and apps from scratch again. I just want to use my...
  3. Do I have to reinstall Windows 11 OS again if I were to change my motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have to reinstall Windows 11 OS again if I were to change my motherboard?: I am planning to upgrade my current setup to the newer generation and sell my old parts off to a friend. However, I do not want to spend extra money buying new SSDs and wasting time reinstalling Windows 11 and all my software and apps from scratch again. I just want to use my...
  4. Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...: I've a similar question but that has already been asked but in the past but since the introduction of TPM2.0 in Windows 11 and Passkeys. I'd like to ask it again.My motherboard ASUS PRIME B365M-A has died recently and I'm switching to MSI B365M PRO-VHD. Besides motherboard...
  5. Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...

Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...: I've a similar question but that has already been asked but in the past but since the introduction of TPM2.0 in Windows 11 and Passkeys. I'd like to ask it again.My motherboard ASUS PRIME B365M-A has died recently and I'm switching to MSI B365M PRO-VHD. Besides motherboard...
  6. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  7. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  8. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

9. I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...: I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid anymore and I cannot set updates and desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-motherboard-and-had-to-reinstall-windows/fde867b3-9688-4a04-b277-800eb2710d33
  10. I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...

I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid...: I removed motherboard and had to reinstall windows, now the product key is not valid anymore and I cannot set updates and desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-motherboard-and-had-to-reinstall-windows/fde867b3-9688-4a04-b277-800eb2710d33