Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, the PC attached to my Microsoft profile died 4 months ago. It was too old. I will build a new one as soon as I have the money for it.My question:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Browser-Ice, May 19, 2022.

1. Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?

Hi, the PC attached to my Microsoft profile died 4 months ago. It was too old. I will build a new one as soon as I have the money for it.My question: do I have to first edit my Microsoft account before installing Windows 10 on my new build?Like delete my old PC from it?

:)

Browser-Ice, May 19, 2022

2. Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

If you are coming from a old pc and need to transfer your old profiles try this.

Go to your old pc

Press Windows + R to open the run command

type%appdata%

Go to the mozilla folder

Click Firefox

and Profiles

Copy the folder(s) if you have more than one folder

Make a folder on the desktop. Paste on Desktop in the folder for example using control v

To add those profiles to a new pc

Paste the profiles you copied from the old pc on a thumb drive/external hard drive

Once that is done

Install firefox as normal

To transfer the new profiles do these steps

There's many different methods but this easier

Press Windows + R to open the run command

Type firefox (or firefox.exe) -p

You see choose user profile

There is a default folder. Leave this be
    Click create profile
    Make a name if you want
    Click choose folder
    There should be the default folder only
    Find the folder you created on the desktop
    And paste it in that folder
    Once complete, you see all data intact. You may have to key in the passwords again on newer firefox.

Hope this helps

If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move

timmyriggie, May 19, 2022
  3. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, May 19, 2022
  4. Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?

CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?

1. Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile? - Similar Threads - Reinstalling old dead

2. Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?: Hi, the PC attached to my Microsoft profile died 4 months ago. It was too old. I will build a new one as soon as I have the money for it.My question: do I have to first edit my Microsoft account before installing Windows 10 on my new build?Like delete my old PC from it?...
  3. Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows on new PC old one dead vs Microsoft profile?: Hi, the PC attached to my Microsoft profile died 4 months ago. It was too old. I will build a new one as soon as I have the money for it.My question: do I have to first edit my Microsoft account before installing Windows 10 on my new build?Like delete my old PC from it?...
  4. Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc

Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc: I built my pc years ago with "OEM System Builders Pack" Windows 7 Home Premium on DVD. I still have the original disc and package with the product key sticker. I want to replace the old hard drive with an ssd and do a clean install not interested in upgrading to 10, etc. My...
  5. Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc: I built my pc years ago with "OEM System Builders Pack" Windows 7 Home Premium on DVD. I still have the original disc and package with the product key sticker. I want to replace the old hard drive with an ssd and do a clean install not interested in upgrading to 10, etc. My...
  6. Can't reinstall new programs that were on old dead drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reinstall new programs that were on old dead drive: I had a 2TB drive die on me recently. I purchased a new 4TB drive to replace it after it died on me. Went to go reinstall Minecraft today, but it throws an error in the wizard that D:/ the old drive is invalid. Tried to go uninstall the old version and it throws that same...
  7. Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager (NEW vs. OLD): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Default_Cube4646 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jkw57n/task_manager_new_vs_old/
  8. 3dBuilder New vs Old

3dBuilder New vs Old: Hi, I've been using 3dbuilder that came in Windows 10 pro for a couple years. I had a hard drive die and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on the new drive and 3dbuilder wasn't there and I was directed to the store. The problem is the version is entirely different i.e. no menus...
  9. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one: My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once. Thing is I can't access my old pc to uninstall if I have to. I had the license since windows 8 and upgraded to windwos 10 if...
  10. Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account: I keep getting asked to log into an account that I no longer have for Microsoft. I thought when a support staff person help me switch to the new account that the old one was going to either be deleted or would be merged with me new account. But Microsoft continues to ask me...