Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows (what drive)

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows (what drive) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’m in the process of reinstalling Windows 10. I have 3 drives (C, D, E). When I get to the screen that’s asking me to choose which drive to place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by craigmh74, May 10, 2018.

1. craigmh74 Win User

Reinstalling Windows (what drive)

I’m in the process of reinstalling Windows 10. I have 3 drives (C, D, E). When I get to the screen that’s asking me to choose which drive to place Windows, I don’t know. I have data on the other drives so I don’t want to accidentally erase it.

Reinstalling Windows (what drive) [​IMG]

Reinstalling Windows (what drive) [​IMG]

When I click on each disk/partition I get a message stating “windows can’t be installed on this drive/partition”. I get this message on every choice except D: Backup. This is the name of my D drive. I have data on this drive that I don’t want to erase. So I’m stuck.

Can anyone help? I attached some screenshots I hope you’re able to view them. Thanks.

Craig

:)

craigmh74, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows (what drive)

1. Reinstalling Windows (what drive) - Similar Threads - Reinstalling drive

2. If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...: Hey actually I'm feeling some issue with my windows lately so I want a clean installation, but I'm afraid of loosing my data I know it Won't effect on the main Drive C But will it take a effect on my other drivers and my data from other driver's will lose?...
  3. If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...: Hey actually I'm feeling some issue with my windows lately so I want a clean installation, but I'm afraid of loosing my data I know it Won't effect on the main Drive C But will it take a effect on my other drivers and my data from other driver's will lose?...
  4. Reinstalling windows on a different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows on a different drive: So I want to reinstall my windows on a different drive from the one I have it on now. I originally had a windows 10 home and upgraded it to windows 11 later. The problem is I don't have my installation disc and don't know how else is it possible. I have a disc from my other...
  5. Reinstalling windows on a different drive

Reinstalling windows on a different drive: So I want to reinstall my windows on a different drive from the one I have it on now. I originally had a windows 10 home and upgraded it to windows 11 later. The problem is I don't have my installation disc and don't know how else is it possible. I have a disc from my other...
  6. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows: Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running fine last night. After doing some updates this morning and restarting my PC I got an error code for the inaccessible boot...
  7. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows: Recently, I built a new computer after deciding if I wanted home or pro I bought a key from a 3rd party website that works and everything was running fine last night. After doing some updates this morning and restarting my PC I got an error code for the inaccessible boot...
  8. Inaccessible boot drive and cannot detect drive while trying to reinstall windows

9. how to reinstall a deleted hard drive on a hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall a deleted hard drive on a hp laptop: please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-a-deleted-hard-drive-on-a-hp/64035c30-838a-4905-84e0-20f92dcb4176
  10. how to reinstall a deleted hard drive on a hp laptop

how to reinstall a deleted hard drive on a hp laptop: please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-a-deleted-hard-drive-on-a-hp/64035c30-838a-4905-84e0-20f92dcb4176

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wwwwindows 10 update jammed my computer at do more with your voice