Windows 10: Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert

Discus and support Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I "Reset this PC" keeping my files, but reinstalling windows and still be able to use windows afterwards or will I need an activation-key for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MagnusE97, Jan 13, 2022.

1. MagnusE97 Win User

Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert

Can I "Reset this PC" keeping my files, but reinstalling windows and still be able to use windows afterwards or will I need an activation-key for this?

:)

MagnusE97, Jan 13, 2022
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Jan 13, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 13, 2022
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Activate alert

2. Reinstall windows and activate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows and activate?: Hi, I've bought a laptop a few years back. It had win 7/8 or something installed on it. Can't remember exactly. But I've never received a win dvd or activation code or anything. Now the windows is updated to win 11. Which I don't mind. But I've noticed that I'm having...
  3. Reinstall windows and activate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall windows and activate?: Hi, I've bought a laptop a few years back. It had win 7/8 or something installed on it. Can't remember exactly. But I've never received a win dvd or activation code or anything. Now the windows is updated to win 11. Which I don't mind. But I've noticed that I'm having...
  4. Window is not activated after reinstallation.

Window is not activated after reinstallation.: Hi there, My laptop was working very slow so I did install SSD in my laptop and reinstall window 10. but, I am unable to activate my window and MS office. I did the following thing but still getting same issue.troubleshoot Login with Microsoft id.update windowreinstall window...
  5. Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert

Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert: Can I "Reset this PC" keeping my files, but reinstalling windows and still be able to use windows afterwards or will I need an activation-key for this?...
  6. Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows with "Activate Windows" alert: Can I "Reset this PC" keeping my files, but reinstalling windows and still be able to use windows afterwards or will I need an activation-key for this?...
  7. Reinstall and Activation of windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall and Activation of windows: Hi everyone , i want to check my OEM windows product key to know the version of windows supported for my laptop and where i can download the official iso for my laptop . thnx...
  8. activating windows after reinstallation

activating windows after reinstallation: Dear sir , I was having problem in activating windows and getting a digital license after reinstalling win. 10 from 7 via usb flash drive...
  9. Window Activation after reinstall

Window Activation after reinstall: I have hp laptop with preinstalled window 10 home single language and i format the disk and reinstall window 10 pro which not activated from the key of window 10 home came along in build with bios. I have downloaded window 10 from Microsoft and window 10 insider too which...
  10. Keep getting alert to activate windows when it is saying it is activated???????

Keep getting alert to activate windows when it is saying it is activated???????: Why does an alert keep popping up on my screen saying I need to activate my windows, so I had a tech friend of mine install windows on my computer and has been working fine but like I said before that thing keeps popping up. I go to settings and it says your windows is...