Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last Saturday I shut down my laptop without a problem. Then the next day when I start my laptop it said automatic repair. Then it showed a blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ModithaFernando, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:42 AM.

1. Reinstalling Windows

Last Saturday I shut down my laptop without a problem. Then the next day when I start my laptop it said automatic repair. Then it showed a blue screen showing "your PC didn't start correctly" and the I restarted. Then it showed "automatic repair couldn't fix the problem". Then I restarted again and then It showed "your device needs to be repaired" and "system registry file missing or broken". when I pressed Esc key it showed the automatic repair again. It just doing loops. So now I have decided to reinstall windows, NOT RESET because when I go to advanced options and reset it shows "cannot reset PC, no changes were made". The thing is I have two drives, M.2 and a HDD. Old windowsbroken is still on the HDD while I want Windows to install on the M.2 . Is it possible to format the HDD and install Windows on the M.2. Also would it be possible to guide me through the installation process. I would really appreciate it.

:)

ModithaFernando, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:42 AM
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstalling Windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:45 AM
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstalling Windows

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

Thema:

Reinstalling Windows

1. Reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - Reinstalling

2. Change from AHCI to IDE SATA mode without reinstalling OS / Disable NCQ

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change from AHCI to IDE SATA mode without reinstalling OS / Disable NCQ: Hello everyone, My Computer is quite old, but still powerful enough for my daily work. It's a custom built pc with a AMD FX 8320, 16 GB RAM and 2TB Samsung SSD. It runs fine except that it freezes from time to time. So the system freezes for like 2 to 30 seconds, and either...
  3. Windows 10 Pro becomes Home after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro becomes Home after reinstallation: Hi, I have a problem after reinstalling Windows 10. The PC was originally delivered with OEM Win8 Home and upgraded to Win8 Pro. When I updated it to Win10 about 2 years ago it became Win10 Home. I then used the generic key to upgrade it to Win10 Pro and that worked well....
  4. After reinstalling, OneDrive will not launch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After reinstalling, OneDrive will not launch: I tried to download and reinstall it again but it didn’t help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reinstalling-onedrive-will-not-launch/52b8e84f-e361-44ef-9346-fb2506dbff9d
  5. Reinstalling Windows from Insider Program back to non-insider

Reinstalling Windows from Insider Program back to non-insider: I've been a member of the Windows Insider Program and lately my Lenovo laptop has been running very slow and there have been several problems. This past weekend I decided to reset my PC by wiping everything and start fresh. However, when it was done I still have an Insider...
  6. Reinstall Win 10 upgrade after HD reformat

Reinstall Win 10 upgrade after HD reformat: The original OS on my PC was Win 7 Pro. I upgraded to Win 10-Pro a while ago with the free upgrade path. I was having trouble with the PC running very slowly and was told by the manufacturer that it was probably because the HD was dying. I don't think it is, but to give the...
  7. Uninstalled Bluetooth from Device Manager. Tried to download and reinstall, but ain't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Bluetooth from Device Manager. Tried to download and reinstall, but ain't working.: I had problems with bluetooth not working, so I thought i'd uninstall and reinstall it. but it isn't working. quick help would be very much appreciated. i had Qualcomm....
  8. Trying to Find A Guide to Reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to Find A Guide to Reinstall: I am on the hunt for a post that I read a few weeks ago. It outlined a method of using a Google Drive with an excessively organized installation package for Windows 10. I could give more info, but idk how much of it would be necessary. I am making the assumption that I found...
  9. How to reinstall a fresh Windows 10 Home from my Surface Laptop 3

How to reinstall a fresh Windows 10 Home from my Surface Laptop 3: I just bought a new Surface Laptop 3 last month. After using for a month, I found a lot of problems with the system. I would like to reinstall the Windows Home that was bundled with the machine fresh. How can I do this? Charnchai Leelawatanasuk...
  10. Problems Reinstalling Windows 10

Problems Reinstalling Windows 10: I have a machine with Windows 10 installed that stopped being able to install updates a long while back. When I tried to install cumulative updates I would get a 0x800f081f error. I've tried doing all the suggested fixes for this error type I could find, and none have worked....