Windows 10: Reinstalling windows

Discus and support Reinstalling windows in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, i forgot my password so using shift restart i wiped my hard drive and tried to reinstall windows. During install there was an error. Now the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ColeHouston, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Reinstalling windows

Hi, i forgot my password so using shift restart i wiped my hard drive and tried to reinstall windows. During install there was an error. Now the computer will boot up for about 4 seconds display and error that windows needs to be reinstalled then turns off and keeps doing the same thing. How do i fix this?

:)

ColeHouston, Jan 31, 2022
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstalling windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 31, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 31, 2022
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstalling windows

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

Reinstalling windows

1. Reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Reinstalling

2. Constant BSODs even after multiple reinstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs even after multiple reinstalls: https://1drv.ms/f/c/87e99077ab53fab8/Erj6U6t3kOkggIdhBQAAAAABgBm6P3Im5IRHeDJ24GqQeA?e=gv8VK7For the past few days, I've been trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. While it was working fine before, I wanted to clear out the bloat accumulated on my computer, so I used...
  3. Constant BSODs even after multiple reinstalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs even after multiple reinstalls: https://1drv.ms/f/c/87e99077ab53fab8/Erj6U6t3kOkggIdhBQAAAAABgBm6P3Im5IRHeDJ24GqQeA?e=gv8VK7For the past few days, I've been trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. While it was working fine before, I wanted to clear out the bloat accumulated on my computer, so I used...
  4. Constant BSODs even after multiple reinstalls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  6. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  7. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?: Hello, Windows 11 is terrible and I missed the 10 day window to revert back. I don't have WIndows 11 on a thumb drive or CD to be able to do a clean install. I don't understand why companies insist on rearranging things which are perfectly fine when they release upgrades. It...
  9. Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?

Can Windows please look into publishing Windows 10 so it can be reinstalled?: Hello, Windows 11 is terrible and I missed the 10 day window to revert back. I don't have WIndows 11 on a thumb drive or CD to be able to do a clean install. I don't understand why companies insist on rearranging things which are perfectly fine when they release upgrades. It...
  10. Microphone not working because of driver reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working because of driver reinstallation: I accidentally changed my RealtekR Audio driver to one called "High Definition Audio Device" and then it stopped working, so I decided to change it back to RealtekR and then now my microphone doesn't pick up any sound anymore, why is this? I have already tried restarting my...