Windows 10: Reinstalling Windows10 after hardware change

Discus and support Reinstalling Windows10 after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop that had Windows 10 before I needed to change the faulty drive. The drive got changed by the repairer but the could only install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmanKhan3, Dec 23, 2018.

1. AmanKhan3 Win User

Reinstalling Windows10 after hardware change

Hi, I have a laptop that had Windows 10 before I needed to change the faulty drive. The drive got changed by the repairer but the could only install Windows 7 (that was originally came with the laptop when I bought it). How do I upgrade to Windows 10 without buying a new copy?

:)

AmanKhan3, Dec 23, 2018

2. Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-21a5-4010-8a39-7b975611b73b?tm=1438203002881

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Reinstalling Windows10 after hardware change

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Reinstalling Windows10 after hardware change

1. Reinstalling Windows10 after hardware change - Similar Threads - Reinstalling Windows10 hardware

2. Windows 11 not activating after reinstalling after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not activating after reinstalling after changing hardware: I built a new PC about 2 months ago installed/activated windows 11 but had some issues with the drive.After taking out the storage putting in a new ssd and installing the same copy of windows I cannot activate it. I have been through the troubleshooter countless times saying...
  3. Windows 11 not activating after reinstalling after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not activating after reinstalling after changing hardware: I built a new PC about 2 months ago installed/activated windows 11 but had some issues with the drive.After taking out the storage putting in a new ssd and installing the same copy of windows I cannot activate it. I have been through the troubleshooter countless times saying...
  4. Reinstalling Windows after Hardware change new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows after Hardware change new motherboard: Hello,I have recently updated my hardware for my desktop including motherboard, CPU, RAM, and HDD and want to reinstall Windows. My product key that I received as a gift was for Windows 8.1 that I then upgraded my PC to Windows 10 several years ago. Can I download the Windows...
  5. Reinstalling Windows after Hardware change new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows after Hardware change new motherboard: Hello,I have recently updated my hardware for my desktop including motherboard, CPU, RAM, and HDD and want to reinstall Windows. My product key that I received as a gift was for Windows 8.1 that I then upgraded my PC to Windows 10 several years ago. Can I download the Windows...
  6. Reactivating Windows10 after hardware change

Reactivating Windows10 after hardware change: My previous motherboard was faulty and completely bricked shortly after I got it. My Win10 Pro key was given to me through a custom PC retailer for me to activate on my system. I activated it with no issue before the motherboard failed. I've installed a new motherboard and...
  7. Reinstalling windows 10 after changing hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10 after changing hardware: Hello. Having trouble with my old PC again since my HDD crashed and so i tried to fix, recover and reinstall windows 10 through USB. To make the long story short, it ended up deleting /formatting the 500GB HDD and i got a used 120GB SSD and another 80GB HDD connected to my...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10 after hardware change.: I’m replacing my dead x570 motherboard with a new b550 motherboard and am assuming i will have to reinstall windows 10. I bought the windows 10 home usb stick with the key from bestbuy. I didnt link my windows 10 license key to my microsoft account when my pc was still...
  9. Reactivate Windows after reinstall - no hardware change

Reactivate Windows after reinstall - no hardware change: I broke my Windows installation. I initially had 10 Home, installed from an official installation USB. At some point, I purchased a Pro licence from the store. Now after I broke my installation, I reinstalled using the same USB stick, which allows me to chose between Home...
  10. Hardware change, windows10 not active anymore

Hardware change, windows10 not active anymore: Hi there, I changed my motherboard/cpu today and now my windows isn't activated. My windows 10 key was provided by my university and I am unable to get another code. My school is linked to Gmail not Microsoft so the windows key isn't linked to a hotmail. Not sure what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall windows 10 after a hardware change

2. reinstall windows 10 after hardware change

3. after i scan hardware changes it does not reinstall

4. how to reinstall windows 10 after hardware change,
  5. how to reinstall windows 10 after hardwear change,
  6. reinstalling windows 10 after hardware change,
  7. reinstalling windows 10 after a hardware change