Windows 10: reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????

Discus and support reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ???? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows 10 system. reinstalling hp 8630 printer scanner install requires wps pin where is this, how do I find it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesPatchin, Sep 23, 2018.

1. reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????

windows 10 system.

reinstalling hp 8630 printer scanner

install requires wps pin

where is this, how do I find it?

:)

CharlesPatchin, Sep 23, 2018

2. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

Hello BarbaraKirkland1

WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) – WPS has two modes to connect devices together over a wireless connection. One is called "pushbutton" and the other is called "PIN". Pushbutton is by far the easiest method. We will describe how to connect using the WPS push button
    method, but not the PIN method.

For instructions on starting WPS on your printer consult your printer's manual. However, there are some conditions that need to be met in order to use WPS pushbutton mode:

Both your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. Consult your printer and wireless router manuals.

The wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available.

Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security. Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if WEP or no security is used.

Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if you are using the manufacturer’s default for the network name and no security.

To connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS:

Start the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer.

For instructions on starting WPS on your printer, consult your printer's manual.

Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06006790

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Sep 23, 2018
  3. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

regardless if you push the manual button or turn it on in the modem/router settings, The OP wants to connect the printer, which means a simple retrieve the PIN CODE on the UNIT and enter it.

There is no more to do.

All I ever do is turn on WPS and connect a PC or printer and enter the PIN# in the discovered items list. The same list you find it and enter the encryption key from the network taskbar tray icon.

I never had to mess with any printer itself to connect WPS. Hmmmmm.

Certified_Friend, Sep 23, 2018
  4. reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????

WPS Pin needed for HP printer

WPS Pin needed for HP Printer

BarbaraKirkland1, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ????

1. reinstalling wireless connected HP 8630 printer/scanner. Asks for wps pin ???? - Similar Threads - reinstalling wireless connected

2. wireless printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless printer/scanner: I have an HP printer/scanner connected to my computer wirelessly with a downloaded driver. It printsfrom my computer just fine, but I can't figure out how to get the device to scan pagesto my computer....
  3. connect HP scanner wireless to Dell laptop

connect HP scanner wireless to Dell laptop: The scanner/printer doesn"t connect with laptop, although it runs print orders from the same maschine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-hp-scanner-wireless-to-dell-laptop/98254de3-b51b-442f-a09c-b3cf722fd498
  4. Wireless Printer/scanner wont connect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Printer/scanner wont connect: I have HP PAGEWIDE PRO MFO 577dw WIRELESS printer/scanner. It was working fine, but now my computer says Connect a scanner, all my print jobs go to the que the printer shows USE OFFLINE and I cannot select it to turn it off...
  5. Wireless Printer/Scanner

Wireless Printer/Scanner: Hi I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printerscanner/276e31d6-2d16-458f-a679-073c35b39444
  6. WPS Pin on Dell Printer

WPS Pin on Dell Printer: I am trying to find the WPS Pin on my Dell Printer E310dw. I set it up before with their support team. However the warranty ran out and I am not paying for another printer {second time already}, or an extended warranty. I got a new modem and ran into this problem. Any...
  7. 8630 HP Printer

8630 HP Printer: My HP Officejet 8630 works but Scan to Network says, “Error. Your printer cannot connect the server. Press “Edit” to connect server name and address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8630-hp-printer/c09f3596-6668-4393-889b-f507c3a98edf
  8. WPS PIN for printer installation

WPS PIN for printer installation: My canon pixma mx492 worked just fine for well over a year, but today suddenly won't connect. In my various troubleshooting I uninstalled the printer and then rebooted everything to reinstall it. The reboot of the computer involved a Windows 10 update. After this reboot an...
  9. HP OfficeJet Pro 8630 shows offline

in Windows 10 Support
    HP OfficeJet Pro 8630 shows offline: additionally second 250 sheet input-plate for aggregate of 500 sheet limit paper sizes bolstered: Letter; Legal; Government Legal; Executive; Statement; 3×5 in; 4×6 in; 5×7 in; 13×18 cm; 8×10 in; 10×15 cm; L; Photo 2L; Envelope( #10, Monarch, 5.5bar); Card (3×5 in, 4×6 in,...
  10. WPS Pin needed for HP printer

WPS Pin needed for HP printer: WPS Pin needed for HP Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wps-pin-needed-for-hp-printer/fc447867-a3fe-487a-b8af-b6194df38234