Windows 10: Reinstalltion from USB with downloaded installation media fails

Discus and support Reinstalltion from USB with downloaded installation media fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I inherited a Dell Inspiron 14 laptop with Windows 10 installed and no password. I attempted to reinstall windows using the installation tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W6LMY, Jun 21, 2021.

1. W6LMY Win User

Reinstalltion from USB with downloaded installation media fails

I inherited a Dell Inspiron 14 laptop with Windows 10 installed and no password. I attempted to reinstall windows using the installation tool downloaded from Microsoft. At the log-in I restarted the machine with the shift key depressed, and it boots to the USB, requests that I install media. I unplug it and plug it back in. The machine responds with the message, "The media inserted is not valid. Try again." I do so. Download the installation tool again, and use it to again to prepare a second USB drive. Same failure.I also had a Windows 7 box tha

:)

W6LMY, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Reinstalltion from USB with downloaded installation media fails - Similar Threads - Reinstalltion USB downloaded

2. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  3. Fresh Install from USB media failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install from USB media failing: My computer failed to boot into Windows following a regular shut down, and I decided to do a clean install of Windows.I made a new installation media on a USB drive, formatted both my hard drive and the SSD I use as my boot drive, and attempted to install windows. However, no...
  4. Installation media failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation media failing: Hi, I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but the media I have created on both DVD and USB won't boot up. After briefly displaying the windows logo I get a blank screen. This is happening on both the machine I'm trying to fix and the one I created the media on, both running...
  5. Installation media failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation media failing: Hi, I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but the media I have created on both DVD and USB won't boot up. After briefly displaying the windows logo I get a blank screen. This is happening on both the machine I'm trying to fix and the one I created the media on, both running...
  6. Installation media failing

7. usb instalation media

usb instalation media: need to know proper settings in bios to make usb installation media to work right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-instalation-media/93ff205c-55ce-47af-9b16-f12dd5eb03dc
  8. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  9. Usb recovery media failed

Usb recovery media failed: I noticed I had alot of hard disk bad block errors in the event viewer so I ran the check disk tool but when the pc rebooted I got a blue screen with ntfs error. Everytime the pc rebooted that bsod came up. I tried booting from the usb recovery I created and tried start up...
  10. Windows 10 install through USB media fails

Windows 10 install through USB media fails: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an old machine, currently running on Vista. I turned a USB key into an install media with the official media creation tool. Once I've setup the BIOS to boot on USB, the computer does boot on it: I can see a black screen with a...