Windows 10: Reinstate Onedrive After Previously Disabling

Discus and support Reinstate Onedrive After Previously Disabling in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few years back when Onedrive free capacity was dramatically reduced by Microsoft I stopped using it. I found it hard to get straight forward... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VONDORAN, Sep 2, 2019.

1. VONDORAN Win User

Reinstate Onedrive After Previously Disabling

A few years back when Onedrive free capacity was dramatically reduced by Microsoft I stopped using it. I found it hard to get straight forward instructions to disable Onedrive & download all the files that had previously only been stored on Onedrive to my local harddrive so I'm not sure I completed that transition successfully, however my files do appear to be correctly organised in File Explorer.

Fast forward 3 years to now- I want to start using Onedrive again to sync Documents, Pictures & Desktop files from that original laptop to a new 2nd laptop. I have reinstated the app, signed in etc, files don't just automatically start syncing. I want to have offline copies of all the files on both laptops and have everything auto sync. How do I achieve that? I'm really uncertain on the very basics to even get started and am wary of creating duplicate files as I recall this happening when I originally stopped using Onedrive and I had to clean up after the process.

Thx

:)

VONDORAN, Sep 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 2, 2019
  3. mousegolf Win User
    Disable OneDrive

Thanks for your suggestion but redundancy in a forum is inherent. Just like making suggestions to other users who have 20 years experience with online forums. *Wink

mousegolf, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Reinstate Onedrive After Previously Disabling

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

i was about to add that ... i never used OneDrive, since i got Google Drive previously i used Dropbox due to their offer when i bought a HTC One X

GreiverBlade, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Reinstate Onedrive After Previously Disabling

1. Reinstate Onedrive After Previously Disabling - Similar Threads - Reinstate Onedrive Previously

2. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?: I had to reinstall Win 10I have another PC with my Microsoft accountWill this have my product key? to share back to my reinstalled PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-my-microsoft-account-after-reinstall-how/8674c177-9d97-4209-85ff-2786b95392db
  3. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?: I had to reinstall Win 10I have another PC with my Microsoft accountWill this have my product key? to share back to my reinstalled PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-my-microsoft-account-after-reinstall-how/8674c177-9d97-4209-85ff-2786b95392db
  4. Reinstate my Microsoft account after reinstall, how?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't reinstate email account after clean install

in Browsers and Email
    Can't reinstate email account after clean install: After a clean install of Win10 Version 20H2 (OS build 19042.804): 1. I have downloaded Firefox (via Internet Explorer) instead of launching Edge. 2. I have another PC on which the Win10 (same OS build) Email app works fine, so I copied the Email account details across to...
  6. Reinstating Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstating Microsoft Word: I tried to install Microsoft Word on another profile on the laptop and it has subsequently erased it off the main profile and I can't reinstate it. I had purchased the Office package as a one off payment in 2018...
  7. Getting files from a previous OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting files from a previous OneDrive: My old laptop froze up a few weeks ago and I have tried to reactivate it with no luck. But I really only need the OneDrive files that I had with this old laptop. I don't know how to access the old OneDrive files in my new OneDrive with my new laptop. Can anyone help?...
  8. Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee: Will windows 10 DEFENDER automatically be re instated when present McAfee security runs out or will I have to do something to get it back onto my laptop? If so, what action do I take?...
  9. Disabling Onedrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Onedrive: I need to disable Onedrive in Windows 10, as it is just slowing down my computer as our internet connection is too poor. I would like this to be temporary so that I could enable it at a later stage. Any ideas?...
  10. Disable OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable OneDrive: I keep getting this pop up everytime I boot the pc, I have turned off every One Drive setting I can find, how do I stop it ? 2699