Windows 10: Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles

Discus and support Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I've had a problem with the most recent update, July 2019, and have found that, though not terribly common, updates sometimes bug out and dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ars Techne, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles

So I've had a problem with the most recent update, July 2019, and have found that, though not terribly common, updates sometimes bug out and dont reintegrate the temp profile, often marked with .000, with the main profile.

Is it possible to rip that section out of the update coding and have an .exe that we can run to fix this error?

Like, searching the user profiles for user.000 and reintegrating them with the corresponding user profile and fix all of the registries so nothing is broken?

:)

Ars Techne, Aug 21, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Aug 21, 2019
  3. VinceB Win User
    User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Aug 21, 2019
  4. ArchStant Win User

Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles

Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

Thanks Dave, really appreciate the speedy help.

I've re-started 4 times and unfortunately all my old user files are still in the .000 folder. My old(normal) folder - containing nothing but "WPR_initiated_WprApp_WPR Internal Heap Collector.etl" inside Appdata/Local/Temp - is right next to the .000 folder.
    You mention that I'm likely logged in as a temporary profile. Start Manager/Users appears to show me logged in as my normal user name, though my normal Desktop user icon/link takes me straight to the new .000 folder when I double click it. Is there any other
    way to confirm if I'm logged in as a temp profile, or not? maybe it doesn't matter at this stage?

I appreciate the .000 folder is in scope for being deleted by the system (eventually), but, can I not simply copy all my old files in the .000 folder and drop them into my normal/non-.000 folder, after all the path to this non-.000 folder is what's required
    by these programs depending on it. Of course, I'm assuming my normal/old/non-.000 folder is not in scope for deletion?

ArchStant, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles

1. Reintegration program for the update error that causes user.000 profiles - Similar Threads - Reintegration program update

2. Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?: When I first got my PC with Windows 11 Home, I found that the user profile name was the first five characters of my email address. Dissatisfied with this, I looked up how to change it with the registry editor since regular renaming wasn't an option. I then ran into the issue...
  3. Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?: When I first got my PC with Windows 11 Home, I found that the user profile name was the first five characters of my email address. Dissatisfied with this, I looked up how to change it with the registry editor since regular renaming wasn't an option. I then ran into the issue...
  4. User Profile Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Profile Error: Hi there...I decided to move my default user folders Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc. to a different location my D drive and I apparently made a mistake. I moved my "Music" folder to my User folder and now my personal user folder is called "Music" and it contains all my...
  5. User Profile Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Error: Hi there...I decided to move my default user folders Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc. to a different location my D drive and I apparently made a mistake. I moved my "Music" folder to my User folder and now my personal user folder is called "Music" and it contains all my...
  6. User Profile Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update caused user profiles to disappear.: After allowing Windows 10 to update, my original user profiles are gone and I cannot sign in to them. A temporary user profile was created in the process. I found the files for my original profiles but now need to find out how to safely transfer them into a new user profile...
  8. username.000 issue - deleting a profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username.000 issue - deleting a profile: I would like to know how to safely delete my old profile,after experiencing the username.000 problem. Apologies, if I am using account/profile/folder expressions,incorrectly here. Anyway, originally, the username Paul was my only account folder. One day, I found that...
  9. User folder renamed with .000?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder renamed with .000?: Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin...
  10. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user.000 windows migration