Windows 10: Related to Malware! Added by VM: Ransomware

Discus and support Related to Malware! Added by VM: Ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Few days back, my friend on windows 8.1 was downloading a game mode (he said) through the UC Browser and as you predict that the file he... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Avi aVi Avi, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Related to Malware! Added by VM: Ransomware

Hello,

Few days back, my friend on windows 8.1 was downloading a game mode (he said) through the UC Browser and as you predict that the
    file he downloaded was malicious and contained malware. Now, his entire laptop is affected by that malware, the extensions of his data and files has been changed to something else. His laptop is working fine, but he's just not able to access any of his data. While opening a file, it's prompting to buy a software of around $980 (in direct words, it's asking for ransom money) to gain access on his files back and now he's asking me to do something. This is my first ever encounter with any of the virus or malware!

Is there still anything we can do?

I have also added a few screenshots of it that may help you to understand the situation better! Related to Malware!    Added by VM: Ransomware 28d0223e-6969-48dd-bf9e-0a426ee4040c?upload=true.jpg Related to Malware!    Added by VM: Ransomware 3ab380be-c39a-41f4-a2e9-11d236f32979?upload=true.jpg

:)

Avi aVi Avi, Aug 9, 2019
  2. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Related to Malware! Added by VM: Ransomware

1. Related to Malware! Added by VM: Ransomware - Similar Threads - Related Malware Added

2. Malware, Ransomware, Bit-locker Security.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware, Ransomware, Bit-locker Security.: Hi. I recently lost 100,000 personal pictures and a lot of music I wrote for many years. I lost it to a ransomware, with a DOCM extension. I looked online and it said it was new and the encryption was done repeatedly up to 10 times deep. I happened to have ALL my backup usb...
  3. Ransomware

Ransomware: I have been infected by Gandcrab recently and cannot open my videos and picture files on any disc. All files have been renamed with ....'jjgwsftpp' at the end. Tried three (paid) removal tools, but it s not working. What to do ??...
  4. Is this ransomware?

Is this ransomware?: I was looking for something in ebay, using edge on 18317 build, when a box flashed onto the screen telling me that 3 viruses had been detected. I shut down the internet immediately. I then ran Malwarebytes free and nothing was detected, so I ran the WD offline scan, and later...
  5. Hacking group returns, switches from ransomware to trojan malware

in Windows 10 News
    Hacking group returns, switches from ransomware to trojan malware: A prolific hacking group has returned with a new campaign which looks to deliver a new remote access trojan (RAT) to victims in order to create a backdoor into PCs to steal credentials and banking information. The campaign is suspected to be the work of TA505, a...
  6. XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features

in Windows 10 News
    XBash malware combines ransomware, coinminer, botnet, & worm features: New malware strain has been discovered in the wild that combines features from four types of malware categories --ransomware, coinminers, botnets, and worms-- to create a dangerous cocktail that has been wreaking havoc among Linux and Windows servers. Named XBash, this new...
  7. Ransomware

Ransomware: Just got a message on a Dell All-in-one from a company stating that they were "Windows" and that my system was failing and I was going to lose all my data. I'm an electronic technician myself so luckily I know better. The phone number they provided was 1-888-489-3121. I...
  8. Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User accounts appearing (malware related??): Hello, Today I discovered strange account names on my laptop after trying to open files on one of my drives which also had strange names and were not mine. I suspect my laptop is infected with some kind of malware but unfortunately all scans (malwarebytes, f-secure,...
  9. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

in Windows 10 News
    Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads: Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware. News of the issue came from a Reddit thread on Wednesday, in which the original poster said that Skype's home screen -- the...
  10. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

in Windows 10 News
    Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads: Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware. News of the issue came from a Reddit thread on Wednesday, in which the original poster said that Skype's home screen -- the...