Windows 10: related to slow performance of my laptop

Discus and support related to slow performance of my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; please find a solution to my problem i am having a laptop with i5 8th gen processor 8gb of ram and 2gb nvidia geforce 940mx graphics card.i am facing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SibiS koshy, Mar 17, 2019.

1. related to slow performance of my laptop

please find a solution to my problem

i am having a laptop with i5 8th gen processor 8gb of ram and 2gb nvidia geforce 940mx graphics card.i am facing slow and hanging issue from the day since i bought this device.i have given the device two times for service regarding this issue,but they couldnt resolve it fully.sometime it works smooth as butter but sometimes it lags when multitasking,mouse click takes time to respond,taking irregular times for booting .that is sometime it boots within 20 seconds and sometimes it takes about a minute.is it normal?am i expecting more from this device?is this the normal speed of an i5 laptop.please kindly provide me a solution to solve the issue amd run my machine like a rocket.i have tried resetting,refreshing the os,defragment,disk cleaning and some other too.but none of could solve my problem .please help me by providing a suitable solution in a simple language.hope to hear you from soon.

:)

SibiS koshy, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Slow Windows performance

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you make any changes to the settings?
    I suggest you to run Maintenance task and check if it helps to resolve the system slowness.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance or using high memory space, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs
    are running at the same time.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel

2) Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3) Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

4) Click on System maintenance.

5) Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials
    if required).

6) Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System maintenance troubleshooter.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 17, 2019
  4. stripman Win User

related to slow performance of my laptop

Performance related issues in Windows 10.

I followed your instructions and troubleshooting found no issues. The system is is running very slow using all windows apps and the problem with Office 365 still exists when you click on a specific desktop icon that is a direct link to a file (excel, word)
    the system opens the application and then you must click on file and then search for the file if you haven't opened it yet that day.

stripman, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

related to slow performance of my laptop

1. related to slow performance of my laptop - Similar Threads - related slow performance

2. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  3. Slow Performance on gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Performance on gaming laptop: Hello everyone, I've been facing a frustrating issue with my laptop, specifically when browsing local files in the file explorer. The process feels agonizingly slow, taking an eternity to generate thumbnails for videos or photos. As a video editor, this is incredibly annoying...
  4. Laptop Slow Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Slow Performance: Hello, I have an old HP Pavilion iCore 3 laptop which I bought in 2010. All good and upgraded to Windows 10 but it starts real slow and I have a lot of registry errors. Have Norton installed and clean it up regularly but I need my PC to run a lot faster and improve its...
  5. SLOW!! Laptop performance

SLOW!! Laptop performance: My laptop has been updating like crazy......what? I haven't the slightest idea. However about 2 days ago it began slowing down when logging off, logging on 20+ mins and everything in between. Not quite sure what direction to take - reset to factory; Fresh Start; recovery...
  6. Laptop performance slows down

Laptop performance slows down: Dear Sir, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series . After this recent update to windows 10 it slows down i am fed up with its performance despite intel pentium processor & 4GB RAM. Please advice what should i do or Should i call for Dell Support so that my problem could be...
  7. Slow laptop performance

Slow laptop performance: Hi, these days my laptop's running slower than usual. it's harder to open apps quickly, and apps like Telegram Desktop take a few minutes to open and that's a trouble waiting for it to open and always refreshing the desktop. I need my laptop to perform more faster and...
  8. Related to performance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Related to performance issues: Hi all, I was very excited that my laptop has now got 6 GB RAM. So I installed Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on it. I found that it was lagging too much. But this game worked perfectly in windows 7 in 2 GB RAM. What can I do now to run it without lags ??...
  9. Newly bought laptop performance is slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Newly bought laptop performance is slow: Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes. My newly bought (4 days old) laptop (Lenovo Y530) is surprisingly slow. I'm not sure why, but opening,searching, and whatever task I do takes longer. I also noticed that my disk usage is constantly high (50%~). I...
  10. Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.

Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.: I have Lenovo IdeaPad 300 i5 6th gen , 4 gb ram 1 tb hard drive it came with pre-installed windows 10 but now many times when I open chrome it shows not responding and many other programs like vlc paint do same and laptop is very slow what to do?...