Windows 10: Related to Windows Defender

Discus and support Related to Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased this laptop a year ago with which I got a free Protogent Antivirus for a year. So after the antivirus expired I uninstalled it and thought... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Manak Agrawal, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Related to Windows Defender

I purchased this laptop a year ago with which I got a free Protogent Antivirus for a year. So after the antivirus expired I uninstalled it and thought of relying on windows defender. But I think with the protogent antivirus I deleted windows defender also. Is there any chance I can recover it back. it always shows that no active antivirus provider and no option to turn it on just shows your windows defender is off, turn it on. Can someone please help I don't want a reset on my pc cause I don't have anything to have back up on.

:)

Manak Agrawal, Aug 5, 2021

2. windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 5, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

4. Related to Windows Defender

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Related to Windows Defender

1. Related to Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Related Defender

2. Defender related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender related: Can anybody tell me if I restore a threat from windows defender will it impact on the ability of detecting threats or removing in defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-related/8b5e26b9-053a-4f26-b5e2-f71c3af28162
  3. Defender related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender related: Can anybody tell me if I restore a threat from windows defender will it impact on the ability of detecting threats or removing in defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-related/8b5e26b9-053a-4f26-b5e2-f71c3af28162
  4. Windows defender related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender related: Can anybody tell me does any recent windows update cause to windows defender notification for not coming.Because for sometime I recently see windows defender notification sometime come but sometime do not come....
  5. Windows defender related

Windows defender related: Can anybody tell me does any recent windows update cause to windows defender notification for not coming.Because for sometime I recently see windows defender notification sometime come but sometime do not come....
  6. Defender related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender related: Can anybody tell me that I did a system reset in my laptop now I do not get a scan result notification from windows defender after a scan. Can anybody tell me how to solve it...
  7. Defender related

Defender related: Can anybody tell me that I did a system reset in my laptop now I do not get a scan result notification from windows defender after a scan. Can anybody tell me how to solve it...
  8. Defender related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender related: I asked this question someday ago but I recently today I see that Microsoft defender Installed again automatically even I uninstall it. Does it get install automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-related/d1bd1821-b6e4-4475-b25a-274935f49abc
  9. Defender related

Defender related: I asked this question someday ago but I recently today I see that Microsoft defender Installed again automatically even I uninstall it. Does it get install automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-related/d1bd1821-b6e4-4475-b25a-274935f49abc
  10. Windows defender related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender related: Can anybody tell me how to fix your it administrator has blocked some features in windows defender, because it worked very well before but today I reset my system and after that this error is coming.plz tell me how to solve this....