Windows 10: Relationship between email address and Microsoft account

Discus and support Relationship between email address and Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 a Win 8.1 system running in a virtual machine on my Win 10 laptop. I am unable to sign in. The system displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BruceDodds07, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Relationship between email address and Microsoft account

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 a Win 8.1 system running in a virtual machine on my Win 10 laptop. I am unable to sign in.

The system displays two identical copies of my userid in the lower left corner of my screen. One of these choices allows me the option of logging in using my Microsoft account.

When I select that option it displays the correct email address associated with my Microsoft account, but rejects my Microsoft account password. There is no doubt that I'm entering the correct password. I have viewed it as text using the eye icon.

Can the same email address be associated with two different Microsoft accounts? I don't recall setting up two accounts, but I imagine it's possible.

Thanks!

:)

BruceDodds07, Oct 14, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    change email address for Microsoft account

Hi Keith,

To better understand the concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Are you trying to change the email address while retaining the information you have on the Microsoft account?
    • On which Microsoft platform are you trying to change your email address (Xbox account, Outlook account, Community Forum)?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Relationship between email address and Microsoft account

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Relationship between email address and Microsoft account

1. Relationship between email address and Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Relationship between email

2. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  3. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  4. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  5. microsoft accounts email address incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft accounts email address incorrect: I have got myself in a mess with my Microsoft accounts. I had a microsoft account with my email address as my username on my desktop. I also had a skype account with a different user name that I've had since before MS owned Skype. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11...
  6. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  7. Change of email address for Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change of email address for Microsoft account: Hi, I'm about to retire and that means closing down my company and its web domain and my associated email address. I want to continue to use my Windows 10 computer but with the new private domain name and email address I have recently registered.When I tried to add my new...
  8. Microsoft account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account email address: Hi,The microsoft account email address that my pc uses for windows 10, has an incorrect email address, and I cannot remember the password to this account.The problem is, I am trying to change this account the correct one. So I have added the correct email address as an...
  9. Conflict between MS account name and email address

Conflict between MS account name and email address: Hi, I have one personal MS account called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this for a few years and can access it fine, including live mail It has one email address associated with it, also called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have...
  10. Microsoft account with invalid email address

Microsoft account with invalid email address: I recently retired and shut down my consulting business, including my website. The email address that I used to create the Microsoft Account went defunct with the web site. I have kept the laptop that I used for my business, and want to retain the Office 365 subscription...