Windows 10: Relative Path Shortcut Opening New Window Upon Click

Discus and support Relative Path Shortcut Opening New Window Upon Click in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created a relative path as I am separating our work structure into 4 sections, where we don't need to access the others folder. Where we have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BazBalls90, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Relative Path Shortcut Opening New Window Upon Click

I have created a relative path as I am separating our work structure into 4 sections, where we don't need to access the others folder. Where we have shared documents, I have created a relative path, because when copy and pasting the template folder, the shortcuts I have put in there always go back to the original folder so the paths don't update, understandably.

I have bypassed that with the following path, but an issue that is occurring is that when the shortcut is clicked, it opens in a new window which is fine for me, but other staff will ultimately get confused and annoyed with it. #KISS.

I have explored folder opens such an ensuring that Browse Folders is Open each folder in same window, and that Launch folder windows in a separate process is deselected.

I think the issue must stem with the code, as standard shortcuts that haven't bypassed the drive are functioning fine, or it might have to do with ../../ jumping back a few folders.

If anyone has any thoughts on this it would be greatly apprecaited.

Cheers

%windir%\explorer.exe ""..\..\1. Estimating\2. Budget\Current Budget""

:)

BazBalls90, Apr 1, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to add shortcut into start?

Can you read their instruction? that is not clear at all.

Under %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it only shows Folders : Maintnance, Windows Powershell, Windows System, Windows System Tools ... Start up.
    There is no a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. I cannot follow their instruction, if you understand, could you please show your steps?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

"Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. In this example, we want to add all the new shortcuts into a subfolder called Settings, so right-click any empty space in the File Explorer window, click New
    > Folder, name that folder Settings, and open the newly created, empty folder.

The rest of the process is straightforward. Right-click and choose New > Shortcut. Enter the full path of the executable file or ms-settings shortcut you want to add (as in the example shown here), click Next, and then enter a name for the shortcut.

Repeat this process for any other shortcuts you want to add. All your custom shortcuts should appear in the Programs list, where they're one right-click away from being pinned as a tile."

oemSoft, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Relative Path Shortcut Opening New Window Upon Click

Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

And here's how to Remove "Shortcut" Text From New Shortcuts

Open up regedit, and then browse down to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

On the right-hand side you’ll find a key that is just called “link”, with a default value of 1e 00 00 00. Open this key up and change the 1e to 00 instead, leaving you with 00 00 00 00.

You’ll have to log off and then back on to make this change take effect. Please note that this won’t affect existing shortcuts, only shortcuts that you create from now on.

Relative Path Shortcut Opening New Window Upon Click [​IMG]

Drone, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Relative Path Shortcut Opening New Window Upon Click

1. Relative Path Shortcut Opening New Window Upon Click - Similar Threads - Relative Path Shortcut

2. Shortcut related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut related: Can anybody tell me it possible that a YouTube shortcut got automatically installed in my windows after installing chrome and after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-related/781e774b-44de-4d37-b847-007947b1da67
  3. Shortcut related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut related: Can anybody tell me it possible that a YouTube shortcut got automatically installed in my windows after installing chrome and after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-related/781e774b-44de-4d37-b847-007947b1da67
  4. Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...: In windows 11 i created a new shortcut for File Explorer like below : %SYSTEMROOT%\explorer.exe /e,W:\My_FilesAfter creating this shortcut i dragged & dropped it to taskbar. Now when i click on it, It opens a new icon on taskbar instead of it's own icon. This is really...
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer - New Shortcut With Custom Path On Taskbar - Opens New Icon On...: In windows 11 i created a new shortcut for File Explorer like below : %SYSTEMROOT%\explorer.exe /e,W:\My_FilesAfter creating this shortcut i dragged & dropped it to taskbar. Now when i click on it, It opens a new icon on taskbar instead of it's own icon. This is really...
  6. Shortcut: Change path to open specific file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut: Change path to open specific file.: I encountered this on a forum years ago. In a shortcut's Properties it is possible to add a specific file for the program to open to by default. Can't remember the correct syntax. The program: "C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe" The file I want to use:...
  7. How can I use a relative path for a shortcut icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I use a relative path for a shortcut icon?: I have some shortcuts with custom icons on a flash drive, and I’d like them to retain the custom icons even when the drive letter changes. I made the functional (shortcut) part work no matter the drive letter, but the icon is bugging me. The icon is nonstandard and is...
  8. Related to Shortcut Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Related to Shortcut Keys: Hello to all, Last time i have given NUM 2 as a shortcut ker for internet explorer.But now i need to erase it. but not getting that option in setting....i had forgotten that... Using Windows 10...
  9. Windows Relative Path Shortcut on USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Relative Path Shortcut on USB drive: Does anyone know how to create a relative shortcut on an USB drive linked to a different location on the same USB drive? This is needed because the drive letter can be different on another pc wich would lead to the shortcut being broken. submitted by /u/Initial_Meaning...
  10. How to make shortcuts open to full folder path and not libraries path?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make shortcuts open to full folder path and not libraries path?: Hi, I have an issue where if I make shortcuts to specific folders located inside my User folder (Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc), I have an issue where the shortcuts (even on Quick Access) open up to a smart folder where the filepath is something like This PC/Desktop...