Windows 10: Release Year column doesn't appear in Windows Media Player

Discus and support Release Year column doesn't appear in Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set up Windows media player to appear the way wanted to. I have my columns in the following order: Title, Length, Contributing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MisterM98, Mar 16, 2019.

1. MisterM98 Win User

Release Year column doesn't appear in Windows Media Player

Hi, I am trying to set up Windows media player to appear the way wanted to. I have my columns in the following order: Title, Length, Contributing Artist and Date Added. I have right clicked in WMP and clicked on ''Choose Columns'". I ticked the boxes next to Genre and Release Year, and moved them so by default they should appear after contributing artist, but for some reason they aren't appearing. I tried unticking and reticking both of them, and I have tried closing and reopening wmp. I went to the help chat and did what the agent suggested, but that didn't work either. Please help.

:)

MisterM98, Mar 16, 2019

2. Windowa media player.

Hello Stephen,

Let me inform you that most CD's already have metadata about the song and artists but if it doesn't then we can edit the song information manually.

Follow the steps below:

• Double-click a song you would like to edit. Windows Media Player displays a table containing columns such as Length, Contributing Artist, Genre and Release Year.

• Right-click a value in a column you'd like to edit and click "Edit." For example, if you want to change the name of the album that contains the song, right-click the existing name in the Album column and click "Edit” to view a text box.
    • Type a new value in the text box that appears after clicking a column’s value. Repeat this process for all columns you wish to update.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 16, 2019
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Release Year column doesn't appear in Windows Media Player

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Release Year column doesn't appear in Windows Media Player

1. Release Year column doesn't appear in Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Release column doesn't

2. Windows media player columns not appearing when ticked etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player columns not appearing when ticked etc: In Windows media Player, the columns are not helpful. I cannot get album artist and contributing artist together in some views even when the option is ticked in 'Choose columns'. there are several screens where the columns i have ticked don't appear at all. In others i cannot...
  3. Windows media player columns not appearing when ticked etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player columns not appearing when ticked etc: In Windows media Player, the columns are not helpful. I cannot get album artist and contributing artist together in some views even when the option is ticked in 'Choose columns'. there are several screens where the columns i have ticked don't appear at all. In others i cannot...
  4. what year windows 12 was released

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what year windows 12 was released: what year is windows 11 creating new windows operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-year-windows-12-was-released/ffedc25c-b043-44fe-b872-5399604133d6
  5. Windows Media Player how to configure the attributes/columns that WMP displays while it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player how to configure the attributes/columns that WMP displays while it is...: SHORT-HAND: Windows Media Player WMP; Windows 10 computer PC ; Microsoft Surface Book SBI use WMP on a PC and on an SB. Presumably, each uses a different version of WMP, but that doesn't or shouldn't IMHO mean the functionality is different. My concern is with the screen that...
  6. Windows Media Player how to configure the attributes/columns that WMP displays while it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player how to configure the attributes/columns that WMP displays while it is...: SHORT-HAND: Windows Media Player WMP; Windows 10 computer PC ; Microsoft Surface Book SBI use WMP on a PC and on an SB. Presumably, each uses a different version of WMP, but that doesn't or shouldn't IMHO mean the functionality is different. My concern is with the screen that...
  7. New Media Player for Windows 11 released for Insiders on the Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    New Media Player for Windows 11 released for Insiders on the Dev Channel: Microsoft has released a new Media Player for Windows 11. The app is currently exclusive to the Windows Insider Program, more specifically, to the Dev Channel Builds. [ATTACH] Despite its name, the app is actually a replacement for Groove Music. Don't let that confuse you,...
  8. Windows Media Player doesn't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Media Player doesn't work: I've had problems with Windows Media Player for a while now but just avoided using it, but now I need it to create a playlist to transfer to my FitBit. Every time I try to save a new playlist, I get the error: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or...
  9. My Windows Media Player doesn't open today.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows Media Player doesn't open today.: My Windows Media Player doesn't open today...get the message cannot find. When I run File Explorer it says it's in Program Files (86) but it's not there visually and when I check the properties box of my icon it has the (%) sign in front of the path...what's up?...
  10. Windows Media player doesn't play my DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media player doesn't play my DVD: How get I Windows 10 Media player ,play my DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-media-player-doesnt-play-my-dvd/0b0997ad-2dc4-44cb-9e46-bb7362362564

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player change columns