Windows 10: Reliability history of updates apps

Discus and support Reliability history of updates apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use reliability history quite a bit to monitor what apps have updated. Has anyone noticed lately that the apps listed here are just gobbledegook?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Reliability history of updates apps

I use reliability history quite a bit to monitor what apps have updated. Has anyone noticed lately that the apps listed here are just gobbledegook? Rather than say what app updates it'll just say 'application-some number-submission'. It doesn't do for all of them but it does for most recent ones. For example mail calendar app updates the other day and it's name listed correctly in reliability history but today films tv, Skype and sway apps updated and just got this gobbledegook application-blah blah-submission. This isn't very helpful from Microsoft. I tested all our machines and this is across the board frustratingly

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 22, 2017
  2. tooney(2) Win User

Need to re-enter Hotmail account details for Microsoft Mail and Calender app often

Elf88: The problem of my account being deleted from the Windows 10 mail app has not happened to me since my post here on Feb. 28.

What I think is:

a. resetting the mail & calendars app caused the problem to occur. I did not see the problem until immediately after I reset the mail app. (I reset it in the hopes it would stop auto-filling addressees with deleted/obsolete contacts. The reset did not change
    that behavior.)

b. mail app updates that occurred in the week or two after I did the reset (after which the problem occurred) resolved the problem. Windows update history does not show mail updates. The update information in the Microsoft app store is not a reliable indication
    that an update was actually successfully applied. Doing Start...view reliability history... showed that various mail app updates failed once or twice and eventually succeeded. I created a shortcut to reliability history and will look at that weekly to keep
    an eye on things in the future.

In my case the mail privacy settings that other people have mentioned were set correctly while the problem was occurring. Running the windows app troubleshooter did not fix the problem. When I tried to restore Windows to an earlier version, it ran for a
    long time and eventually reported an error that it was unable to restore to the earlier version.

I would look carefully at the status of mail app updates in reliability history. (Since I had not looked at this previously, I don't know what "usual" app update reliability looks like.) And I would avoid doing any resets of the mail app for a week or two.
    I think the reset process is flawed.

The above are information and my conclusions. Your mileage may vary..... Good luck. I am interested in what you find.

tooney(2), Aug 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Task-bar & Desktop refresing

Are there any errors listed there?

Thanks for reply,

I clicked start and typed reliability, But I couldn't find "View Reliability History".

abuzaid.ali, Aug 22, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Reliability history of updates apps

Steve C, Aug 22, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Yep on Todays

Reliability history of updates apps [​IMG]

Yesterdays and before were fine:

Reliability history of updates apps [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 22, 2017
  6. Yes sorry didn't see the other post. Frustration again from the good guys at MS. Agree that it appears to be shoddy QA

Scottyboy99, Aug 22, 2017
  7. Try3 Win User
    Event viewer records app names when it updates them. I have not seen any exceptions in mine but perhaps you could check the recent updates you are referring to to see if they appear decently there.

Log - Windows logs, System
    Source - WindowsUpdateClient
    Event - 19.

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reliability history of updates apps

1. Reliability history of updates apps - Similar Threads - Reliability history updates

2. Microsoft Store updates & reliability history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store updates & reliability history: Hi everyone, after setting up Windows 11 there were a lot of updates to be installed after pressing ‘get updates’.It was a bit odd as it said retry next to most of the apps, but I noticed that they were installing one by one and the list said no apps installed.As soon as I...
  3. Microsoft Store updates & reliability history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store updates & reliability history: Hi everyone, after setting up Windows 11 there were a lot of updates to be installed after pressing ‘get updates’.It was a bit odd as it said retry next to most of the apps, but I noticed that they were installing one by one and the list said no apps installed.As soon as I...
  4. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  5. Reliability History

Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  6. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  7. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?: Greetings,I have an HP laptop that I use for a short time each day, after which I routinely make a new restore point, check for updates & run maintenance prior to shutting down. I check reliability history every day and as a rule, I can go for days without any error reports....
  8. The reliability of reliability history - what's up with it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. reliability history

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reliability history: why my pc shows windows not properly shutdown in reliability history although I have never improperly shut it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/15b03c5a-888f-4283-bd11-03755a8970ca
  10. Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update History vs. Reliability Monitor history: I've used gpedit to allow manual control of updates and manually download and install updates when available, and I set "Notifiy to download" option. That gave me control similar to what I had with Win7. Or so I thought. But the Reliability Monitor shows the installation of...