Windows 10: Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC

Discus and support Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Should I be concerned that the reliability index for both my brand-new Windows 10 machines is down to 1 within a day? I had a seven-year-old machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC

Should I be concerned that the reliability index for both my brand-new Windows 10 machines is down to 1 within a day?

I had a seven-year-old machine till recently where the index was around 1, and thought that it was due to its age, and the fact it had been upgraded from Windows 7 to 10.

But I was very surprised to discover that two new PCs would have indices of 1.

I used to go to shops to see what the display machines were like, and, sure enough, they had very low numbers as well.

As far as I can make out, if I neither use the computer nor install software on it, it will remain at a perfect 10.

Here is a typical screen shot from my desktop PC (five days old):

Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC 0197dbaf-761a-4ff3-8cda-43ef19063d94?upload=true.png

Vivaldi’s crashes only happened that once, but even on days without it crashing, the index is at 1. Here’s my month-old laptop:

Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC 14640355-b504-4a51-99ae-f75449eb61ec?upload=true.png

And here is one of the more common errors:

Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC 98fd8aeb-5f11-4493-86f9-e541677b9647?upload=true.png

This tended to be the error on my old PC as well, from what I can recall. The clipboard text for the two most common errors follows:

Source

Background Task Host

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎23.‎2.‎2019 4.28 p.m.

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\backgroundTaskHost.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: MoBEX

Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_10.0.17763.1_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Application Name: praid:App

Application Version: 10.0.17763.1

Application Timestamp: 6fe3727f

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.17763.292

Fault Module Timestamp: 7ded7809

Exception Offset: 00000000000a6848

Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 0000000000000023

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: a469

Additional Information 2: a4698203a4f2e5b83f538d2fead4b887

Additional Information 3: 3d99

Additional Information 4: 3d99eade9ae92b9fda64920d5a92fb51

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: a64e8eefd06016b0d1eab4e4dfe8a89c (1291043138297178268)

Source

Runtime Broker

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎26.‎2.‎2019 1.33 p.m.

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX64

Application Name: RuntimeBroker.exe

Application Version: 10.0.17763.1

Application Timestamp: d42c5158

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.17763.292

Fault Module Timestamp: 7ded7809

Exception Offset: 00000000000a6848

Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 0000000000000023

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 6486

Additional Information 2: 6486d8a3d6f77702bd048ba7a6450c7b

Additional Information 3: 1b88

Additional Information 4: 1b88a1cbe618d2df7d286c837284f2f0

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 56ed1cdeed8989e76e056ff77b6e8cff (2163258304739839231)

Overall, I don’t have any serious problems while using the computers, but are these issues we should be concerned about going forward? Thank you.

:)

Jack Yan, Jack Yan &, Feb 27, 2019

2. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options

Hi JoshuaSay,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Have you installed all pending updates on the computer?
    3. Does this issue occur on a different user account also?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that helps.

Step A: Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press “Windows key + X”, and click on Search.
    2. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    3. Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    4. Select “Search and Indexing”.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, close the services window and try to rebuild the Indexing on the PC.

Step B: Suggest you to check if the Windows Search Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the Windows Search again:

1. Press Windows key +R keys to open Run. Type “services.msc” without quotes and hit Enter.
    2. From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service and Windows Search Service.
    3. Right click on the Windows Search Service and then click on Properties.
    4. Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the Startup type to Automatic. Once this is done, close the services window and try to rebuild the Indexing on the PC.

Step C: Suggest you to run the
    SFC utility tool
    , restart the computer and check if that helps. System File Checker is a utility in Windows 10
    that checks for system file corruption. Further, if need be, then you may also run the DISM restore health command to check if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC

Indexing off and cannot get it back on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue. I would suggest that you return the settings back to
    Local System Account from This Account under
    Log on
    tab and perform the steps below.

• Rebuild the Windows Search Index and check. Refer to these steps. This can be used if you are able to go through the
      Indexing Options in Control Panel.
    • On the search bar type Indexing Options and click on it.
    • Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the
      Indexing Options window. This displays a new window titled Advanced Options.
    • Click the Index Settings tab if it isn’t selected already.
    • Click the Rebuild button to delete and rebuild the file index.
    • Click OK to confirm.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC

1. Reliability index dropped to 1 on new PC - Similar Threads - Reliability index dropped

2. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...
  3. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...
  4. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "1 item indexed" even though I want to completely turn off indexing.. What is the 1 item...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/reddit__sucks__now [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29a2t/1_item_indexed_even_though_i_want_to_completely/
  6. Search and Indexing issue on new pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search and Indexing issue on new pc: So, I recently built a new pc and I was playing around with my indexing options, and now a problem has popped up for some reason when I search something using the startup menu that is related to my settings, it would pop up as a document. I also encountered another problem...
  7. Lets compare reliability indexes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lets compare reliability indexes: This is my reliabilaty index on a Lenovo T430s. Tell me you get a better score. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lets-compare-reliability-indexes/d7e6d300-79de-49b5-9950-a253a8c4282a
  8. What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup

What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup: I wonder if you could kindly assist with a recommendation of the most reliable Raid 1 mirroring setup, with current implementation by BIOS, an option of Windows 10 Pro, or using Storage Spaces in Windows. The background is that my primary aim is to ensure a backup of my...
  9. Windows activation on 1/2 new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on 1/2 new pc: Hello, I recently updated my hardware Motherboard & CPU and now cannot activate my account error code: 0xC004F213. When I try to do so/troubleshoot my "old" pc is shown, yet when i click this is my account I get the message "Unable to activate Windows". The account is still...
  10. New PC dropping connection to router irregular.

New PC dropping connection to router irregular.: I have recently got a new PC an HP Omen. It connects to my plusnet router via a wired ethernet cable that goes from one side of the house to the other. The cable was installed abouit 3 months ago and I had no problem with the previous computer. Occasionally it disconnects...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc reliability 1-10 test