Windows 10: Reliability Monitor

Discus and support Reliability Monitor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenchleySRT, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Reliability Monitor

I've noticed that the Reliability Monitor has been acting a bit weird. For one thing, it takes longer than it used to to show the results. Not a long time by any means, but definitely a bit of a longer wait.

The strange part is that critical errors such as Hardware Errors will show up and obviously you will see the little line go down to indicate the error. However, 24 hours later the error will still be there, but the line will no longer show any downward movement. It's as if Reliability Monitor changed it's mind about it. hehe.

It's only doing this for critical hardware errors. Other errors continue to show the downward path of the monitor. Also, just so you know, I AM concerned, investigating and trying to diagnose these hardware errors, but that's another discussion. Here I'm just trying to figure out why Reliability Monitor is acting so strangely

:)

BenchleySRT, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Cortana Error in Reliability Monitor

Hi,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

If you don't find any error with Cortana, and the issue is only with reliability monitor projecting an error with Cortana. I would then request you to perform DISM and check if the issue is removed.

• Press Windows key, and type CMD in search. Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Please revert if you face any issues with reliability monitor.

Jessen P, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Reliability Monitor - View All Problem Reports Empty

Hi Ryan,

Windows update can reset your system settings and could've affected the information on your reliability monitor. To help us scan and fix your concern, we suggest that you run an sfc scan. Here are the steps on how to:

• Press Windows

Reliability Monitor 5be689fe-c53f-45b9-85f5-44c8f2bae2b4.png
      key +
      X key.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type in sfc /scannow.
    • Press the Enter key.

Once done with the scan, try to re-launch your reliability monitor and check if information is now available. If the concern persist, you can restore from a system restore point by clicking this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your reliability monitor concern.

Darwin Dim, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Reliability Monitor

Reliability Monitor - View All Problem Reports Empty

If the SFC scan and system restore didn't resolve your concern, then we proceed in resetting your Reliability monitor's database. Here are the steps on how to:

Disclaimer: In resetting the data base, any information that were initially recorded will be deleted and the Reliability Monitor may require 24 hours to generate a new set of historical data.

• Copy this text on a Notepad. It's a command to reset Reliability Monitor.
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Reliability Analysis\WMI" /v WMIEnable /T

REG_DWORD /D 1 /F

del /f /S /Q /A "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData\*"

del /f /S /Q /A "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\*"

@Echo off

FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit')

DO SET adminTest=%%V

IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin

for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")

echo.

echo

goto theEnd

:do_clear

echo clearing %1

wevtutil.exe cl %1

goto :eof

:noAdmin

exit

2. Save and name the file as resetRM.bat

3. Right-click and select Open. If prompted for a UAC, then click Yes.

Note: You must be the admin of your Windows to open the file.

4. Once you select Open, you'll see a set of commands running inside

the command prompt to reset Reliability Monitor.

If in case you don't find Reliability Monitor in a reset condition, then repeat the steps 3 & 4. Reboot your device and this time it should reset the Reliability Monitor.

Once done with the steps, allow 24 hours and relaunch the reliability monitor. Check if your concern persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Reliability Monitor

1. Reliability Monitor - Similar Threads - Reliability Monitor

2. Repeated unexpected system crashed, event viewer and reliability monitor gives no useful info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated unexpected system crashed, event viewer and reliability monitor gives no useful info: My system has been crashing a lot recently. Today alone four times. Typically when it crashes, my system just immediately turns off then right back on. It's not a power issue because a UPS does not resolve it. However today, three of my crashes were just the system freezing...
  3. Repeated unexpected system crashed, event viewer and reliability monitor gives no useful info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated unexpected system crashed, event viewer and reliability monitor gives no useful info: My system has been crashing a lot recently. Today alone four times. Typically when it crashes, my system just immediately turns off then right back on. It's not a power issue because a UPS does not resolve it. However today, three of my crashes were just the system freezing...
  4. Repeated unexpected system crashed, event viewer and reliability monitor gives no useful info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. got a windows BSOD, checked reliability monitor and it said this:

got a windows BSOD, checked reliability monitor and it said this:: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffe7073c1dd848, 0x000000000000000b, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff807923c2d91. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 602af1a9-d984-41a3-a65f-56005602180e....
  6. got a windows BSOD, checked reliability monitor and it said this:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a windows BSOD, checked reliability monitor and it said this:: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffe7073c1dd848, 0x000000000000000b, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff807923c2d91. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 602af1a9-d984-41a3-a65f-56005602180e....
  7. got a windows BSOD, checked reliability monitor and it said this:

8. Reliability Monitor Reset in Windows - RAC agent folder completely missing in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability Monitor Reset in Windows - RAC agent folder completely missing in task scheduler: Hi,I was having a few issues with Reliability Monitor running a dell labtop and still on Win10 and suspected that my lab top wasnt capturing all of the error logs it should have been. I found a fix on-line that explains how to reset the reliability monitor on Win 10/11 and I...
  9. Reliability Monitor Reset in Windows - RAC agent folder completely missing in task scheduler

Reliability Monitor Reset in Windows - RAC agent folder completely missing in task scheduler: Hi,I was having a few issues with Reliability Monitor running a dell labtop and still on Win10 and suspected that my lab top wasnt capturing all of the error logs it should have been. I found a fix on-line that explains how to reset the reliability monitor on Win 10/11 and I...
  10. Reliability Monitor Reset in Windows - RAC agent folder completely missing in task scheduler