Windows 10: Reliability of Windows Mail (not Outlook) Notifications

Discus and support Reliability of Windows Mail (not Outlook) Notifications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have noticed a recent problem (last month or so) with windows mail not always showing notifications of new mail in the Notification Area. It appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jdh1602, Oct 7, 2018.

1. jdh1602 Win User

Reliability of Windows Mail (not Outlook) Notifications

I have noticed a recent problem (last month or so) with windows mail not always showing notifications of new mail in the Notification Area. It appears to be when Mail is running in the background. I can do a simple test, and show that when Mail is running in the foreground, it will instantly show all notifications correctly, but when running in the background, even if I am only using a just a single, simple browsing session, then notifications do not always appear in a timely fashion, and often not at all (they never show). And, with a large number of browser sessions and other apps running generally, I have found that notifications stop working completely - only a reboot causes them to start working again. Of course, ALL settings have been set correctly as far as I am concerned, including the Backgound Apps setting for mail. This problem only started occurring in the last few months, but I have been using my computer in the same way, with the same apps, for the last 18 months.

Is this a known problem?

:)

jdh1602, Oct 7, 2018
  2. gasolin Win User

How to get notification of new mail's? (hotmail/outlook)

I don't use skype that dosn't give me notification when i get a new mail, i use emesene, when i click on the email icon i go to my hotmail's which is merged with outlook windows 8 style. I use windows 7 64bit

My problem is i don't get notification of new email anymore (don't want a sound) the icon in emesene dosn't show me how many mails i got, always shows 0 new mails.

If i don't want hotmail/outlook open all the time, use my phone or clicking the email icon in emesene all the time, what can i do to see how many new mails i have gotten? I don't like the other version of outlook you could install when there was msn messenger

Bigsby and aMsn don't go directly to my email account it goes to this https://account.live.com/summarypage.aspx , (microsoft account where i can't se my mails) the apps,ad ons for chrome dosn't work.

gasolin, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 7, 2018
  4. gasolin Win User

How to get notification of new mail's? (hotmail/outlook)

Yes pidgin also don't go directly to hotmail/outlook mail account, i just wanna get notification when i got a new mail. not 30min after i get it or only when i click on the email icon in my msn meesenger which is emsene

gasolin, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Reliability of Windows Mail (not Outlook) Notifications - Similar Threads - Reliability Mail Outlook

2. Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications: I've been having Mail app notification issues not arriving instantly in the last couple of days. It feels like the Mail app is connecting/disconnecting sporadically, rendering the syncing process unstable it shows me notifications on and off overtime, sometimes I get...
  3. Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail/Outlook app no longer syncs in background = No desktop notifications: I've been having Mail app notification issues not arriving instantly in the last couple of days. It feels like the Mail app is connecting/disconnecting sporadically, rendering the syncing process unstable it shows me notifications on and off overtime, sometimes I get...
  4. Windows Mail Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail Notifications: Hi, I'm trying to use Windows 10 mail for my multiple email addresses however it seems that my gmail account doesn't get background notifications for emails although my outlook email does get background notifications. I've tried reregistering and reinstalling the mail app....
  5. Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Mail/Windows 10 Mail: I have multiple email accounts. Two Outlook and two Chrome. I don't see any reference to including all email addresses in one location under each specific email address. What am I missing. Is there a purpose to making everything a "snipe hunt" to find your stuff?...
  6. outlook mail

outlook mail: I can no longer open links in email that i have recieved https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail/29ee560a-019a-4a59-9525-ce2495827b7a
  7. Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook: Hi folks, couple of days ago I noticed that my Outlook rules for sorting incoming mail into folders are no more honoured. I went to "manage rules and notifications" in the menu, and after clicking on it something blinked on the screen and I received notification "operation...
  8. Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook

Win 10 notification opens Mail instead of Outlook: Running fully patched Windows 10 Pro. When Windows notification pops up announcing a new email in Outlook, clicking on the notification opens Windows Mail instead of Outlook 2016. Outlook is the default app in Settings\Default Apps. Can't seem to switch it....
  9. No Avatars for Outlook 2016 (365) mail notifications in Action Center?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    No Avatars for Outlook 2016 (365) mail notifications in Action Center?: Hi, When a new e-mail appears in my Outlook 2016 (365) account(s), that is shown in Actions Center. However, the notification does not show the sender's avatar (image) even though that's saved to my People details for my most used contacts. I have seen these 'Avatars' in...
  10. No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center

in Browsers and Email
    No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center: I have selected the option to receive notifications of new email from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 settings, but am not receiving them in the Action Center. Are there any other settings that need to be changed or possibly any registry keys that need to be added? Thanks. 38719