Windows 10: Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement

Discus and support Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi All, I am looking for a reliable backup application that runs only when I decide to do the backup, and it is completely off otherwise. I have read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Simon33, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Simon33 Win User

Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement

Hi All,

I am looking for a reliable backup application that runs only when I decide to do the backup, and it is completely off otherwise. I have read that backup applications like Acronis use computation resources also when inactive. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance!

Simone

:)

Simon33, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

If you want to backup to a standard format, Comodo allows it, and I'm sure the rest do as well.. even using 7z or ZIP. The problem you'll find is that they take up more space than proprietary formatting and in my experience take longer as well. I think you're trying to over-complicate something you want to be simple in all honesty man. No offense meant by that, but I feel you're trying too hard to minimize what you backup...what is the size of the data you want to backup?

As I said before, a system image is going to be the largest and easiest, I realize you want to narrow it down and you can do that with pretty much everything suggested here, including Windows Backup. If you were on Windows 8 or newer, it's backup is just a file-for-file backup and between that and shadow copies you'd be set. I really like it for quick and easy access without needing any image software (though Win8+ natively mounts and accesses ISO's). Plus it keeps track of changed files and backs them up using spare/idle resources. Maybe this is the answer you seek...

What's stopping you from upgrading to Windows 10?

Honestly something like Macrium works well even with it's proprietary format for image access, super easy to mount, like an ISO, but you gotta have Macrium installed of course...similar to the rest of these software packages...that's part of their catch. I feel what you ask for doesn't happen any more, it would ruin good marketing opportunities and probably cause infringement on managing backup images with other software...no bueno when bottom lines count.

Kursah, Nov 3, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User

Fbackup gives you the option to backup the files directly to your backup destination so you can access them directly, nothing special required. It also lets you use standard Zip compression(with encryption if you want), this would require any standard Zip program program to access(7zip is free).

newtekie1, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement

This is a slight change of question, but do any of the backup programs you mentioned support preserving the full Windows directory structure? Many of the backup programs seem to have some sort of proprietary file format that require the software to actually access the backed-up files, but I see possible disadvantages to this (what if the software doesn't run on some future version of Windows?). That is one thing that made HP SimpleSave so simple and easy to use.

classic35mm, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement

1. Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement - Similar Threads - Reliable Backup Software

2. Windows Font as Software Resource

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Font as Software Resource: If I write a software program that runs in Windows, can my code point to C:\Windows\Fonts as a resource to compose commercial PDF documents with fonts embedded given the font embeddability is editable? Thanks....
  3. Windows Font as Software Resource

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Font as Software Resource: If I write a software program that runs in Windows, can my code point to C:\Windows\Fonts as a resource to compose commercial PDF documents with fonts embedded given the font embeddability is editable? Thanks....
  4. Windows Font as Software Resource

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations??: My laptop is getting slower and it's only a couple of years old. I make sure I keep a chunk of the hard drive free and don't really use stuff that is too demanding. What software would you recommend that will sit in the background and keep an eye on the system resource use to...
  6. low resources while using Zoom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low resources while using Zoom: using zoom but occasionally get the subject message and then my audio gets affected. how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-resources-while-using-zoom/8babccaa-4726-45de-aa59-a6c040d1ac1a
  7. Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Backup restore: how reliable?: 1. All my docs, pictures etc. are on the internal spinning HD. I have made a Macrium backp of my C drive (its a 250 GB SSD) every week for years and I have a bootable Macrium startup DVD. I did two trial restorations a few years ago which were successful. However, after a...
  8. Computer is running low on resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is running low on resources: I can't use my computer. It did turned on but theres a prompt saying I cant sign in and the computer is running low on resources. Whats this? How to resolve this?...
  9. USB Bootable Backup and Recovery Software that meets my requirements?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    USB Bootable Backup and Recovery Software that meets my requirements?: Ive been using acronis for quite some time now since version 2013 and its been getting worse and worse. i need backup software to be able to do the following backup the entire drive of a computer restore an image with some auto resizing inteligence (acronis does this...
  10. Exchange backup, resource reduction?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exchange backup, resource reduction?: Our Exchange servers is the biggest node in our backup system, with about 389TB of data. Every weekend we see a combined ingest of about 25TB from four servers. Would this type of data respond well to deduplication and/or compression? I understand that it's a bit like asking...