Windows 10: Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?

Discus and support Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all - I own 2 older Acer laptops with Broadcom WiFi cards that all have issues with WiFi randomly disconnecting, or NOT automatically reconnecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darkstrike, May 13, 2020.

1. Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?

Hi all - I own 2 older Acer laptops with Broadcom WiFi cards that all have issues with WiFi randomly disconnecting, or NOT automatically reconnecting upon wake-from-sleep or on boot. I've seen several family member's laptops with the same issue...also with older Broadcom cards.

The only way to fix the random disconnections when they happen is by running the WiFi troubleshooter, disabling and re-enabling the WiFi adapter, or sometimes restarting the whole machine. I've tried every single driver I can find, and tried various suggestions for settings changes (turning off 'allow Windows to turn this device off to save power', for example) and they all still do this. They are all older laptops (Win7 or Win8-era) that have been upgraded to Win10.

So....to work around this as it's driving me crazy, are there any suggestions for a good plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card I could put into those laptops that isn't going to break the bank? Hopefully replacing the card with one with a completely different chipset would do the trick?

Any decent Realtek/Ralink/Intel/Atheros Mini PCIE cards out there that could solve the issue? Thanks for any suggestions! Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops? :)

:)

Darkstrike, May 13, 2020

2. Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?

Hi all - I own 2 older Acer laptops with Broadcom WiFi cards that all have issues with WiFi randomly disconnecting, or NOT automatically reconnecting upon wake-from-sleep or on boot. I've seen several family member's laptops with the same issue...also with older Broadcom cards.

The only way to fix the random disconnections when they happen is by running the WiFi troubleshooter, disabling and re-enabling the WiFi adapter, or sometimes restarting the whole machine. I've tried every single driver I can find, and tried various suggestions for settings changes (turning off 'allow Windows to turn this device off to save power', for example) and they all still do this. They are all older laptops (Win7 or Win8-era) that have been upgraded to Win10.

So....to work around this as it's driving me crazy, are there any suggestions for a good plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card I could put into those laptops that isn't going to break the bank? Hopefully replacing the card with one with a completely different chipset would do the trick?

Any decent Realtek/Ralink/Intel/Atheros Mini PCIE cards out there that could solve the issue? Thanks for any suggestions! Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops? :)

Darkstrike, May 13, 2020
  3. Helmut Win User
    Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?

Even with new Mini PCI-E Wireless cards with a different chipset you may still have problems if it is RF from the internal aerials getting in to other parts of the laptop.

It is not a driver or Windows problem but the construction of the Laptop itself, lack of shielding and/or filtering.
    That is a basic design problem with some Laptops. I have seen those same characteristics you describe with some Laptops. It is something I always test on a new one.

The best answer is an external WiFi USB dongle. The aerial can be separated from the Laptop with some designs.
    Sure that is rather untidy, but it is likely to be the best solution.

Helmut, May 13, 2020
  4. Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?

Mini PCIe WiFi/Bluetooth adapter for Windows 10

I'm having difficulty getting an ASUS Mini PCIe WiFi/Bluetooth adapter working in Windows 10 (x64), not sure what the model of the card is but it is using a Broadcom bcm4352 chipset. I can't find a Windows 10 driver for the device so I'm wondering if anyone can help me find a driver that works with the chipset or can recommend a Mini PCIe WiFi/Bluetooth adapter that is compatible with Windows 10?

Thanks.

Miles Hingston, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?

1. Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops? - Similar Threads - Reliable plug play

2. Pcie wifi/Bluetooth card not fully recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pcie wifi/Bluetooth card not fully recognized: I just installed an asus pce-ax58bt wifi/bluetooth card and windows 10 is only recognizing the wifi part. I have tried to manually install the drivers and i have manually activated the bluetooth services but no bluetooth in either the settings or device manager. I am using a...
  3. Pcie wifi/Bluetooth card not fully recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pcie wifi/Bluetooth card not fully recognized: I just installed an asus pce-ax58bt wifi/bluetooth card and windows 10 is only recognizing the wifi part. I have tried to manually install the drivers and i have manually activated the bluetooth services but no bluetooth in either the settings or device manager. I am using a...
  4. Pcie wifi/Bluetooth card not fully recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Not Detected: PCIe WiFi Network Card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device Not Detected: PCIe WiFi Network Card: Hi friends, I have tried every troubleshooting method except for Resetting my PC to get my Asus WiFi Network adapter to show up on my PC. What's interesting about my issue is that the adapter worked for a short time when I first installed it. But it stopped showing up on the...
  6. Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?

Reliable plug-and-play Mini PCIE WiFi card for laptops?: Hi all - I own 2 older Acer laptops with Broadcom WiFi cards that all have issues with WiFi randomly disconnecting, or NOT automatically reconnecting upon wake-from-sleep or on boot. I've seen several family member's laptops with the same issue...also with older Broadcom...
  7. White-listing a Mini-PCIe card to work on Lenovo

White-listing a Mini-PCIe card to work on Lenovo: So as you may know HP & Lenovo/IBM has an odd policy of white listing only few models of Wifi cards for a reason that they vaguely explain that they pay dear money to license each replacement card with FCC where i am not really sure why this trend only applies to just both of...
  8. White-listing a Mini-PCIe card to work on Lenovo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White-listing a Mini-PCIe card to work on Lenovo: So as you may know HP & Lenovo/IBM has an odd policy of white listing only few models of Wifi cards for a reason that they vaguely explain that they pay dear money to license each replacement card with FCC where i am not really sure why this trend only applies to just both of...
  9. Best mini PC for reliability and sound

Best mini PC for reliability and sound: Looking for an @home desktop PC with minimal footprint. The following 3 fit my preference, wondering if anyone has experience or recommendations regarding these or similar competitors, specifically when it comes to acoustics (quiet) and reliability. HP Elite Slice | HP®...
  10. Whats the best laptop half size mini pcie wifi adapter available?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whats the best laptop half size mini pcie wifi adapter available?: im looking to buy a great wifi card for my laptop, i have a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and it is horrible! and before that a ralink atheros card. with this intel card i have i cant even connect my bluetooth headset to it because it crackles and disconnects, its so...