Windows 10: Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset

Discus and support Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After having quite a few productivity problems with the latest Windows 10 ver 1909 that my laptop got. I decided to test if the root of my problems is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Juan Mauro Cardenas Muñoz, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset

After having quite a few productivity problems with the latest Windows 10 ver 1909 that my laptop got. I decided to test if the root of my problems is the latest Windows update by rolling back to an older build of Windows 10 following the response to the very similar problem and situation presented in this question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rollback-a-windows-update-without-any-backup/c8e300a5-e0c4-48aa-a33a-e554650654fe.

That said. up till now I took my time to uninstall all my programs before doing such a reset just in case. Alas for a while now I have always had the "logistics" to install many of my programs in another partition of my drive E. So I come to the question:

Is there any process that can use to effectively relink the programs into my OS in my C drive after the reset? Or is my only option to uninstall and reinstall always?
    Years ago that I remember coming across a thread stating that I would need to do something with windows' Registry, but I am not sure if it applies anymore.

:)

Juan Mauro Cardenas Muñoz, Jul 13, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Programs Not Responding repeatedly even after resetting Windows 10

My 3-year old Windows 10 Home laptop is repeatedly unresponsive. The open programs will display "Not responding" for 1-2 minutes, then works for a few seconds before the cycle repeats. I've done everything I can think of to try to fix this (full list of what I've done is below) all to no avail.I notice that when this unresponsive state occurs, the "Disk" process in my Task Manager rises to 50%, even though there are just a few processes that are using 0.1 MB/s.I suspect it could be a driver conflict, but I have gone to my Device Manager and don't see any issues flagged. Could anyone suggest what diagnostic steps or diagnostic tools I could use to identify the source of this problem?------------Here is what I have tried:- Shut down my antivirus (Kaspersky)- Shut down Dropbox and OneDrive- Closed my Chrome browser, MS Office programs and all my other programs- Disabled Windows Search- Disabled SuperFetch- Restarted the PC (this takes some 20 minutes when I hit this problem)- Run Chkdsk and repaired drive errors- Reset Windows 10 (fresh install)It worked ok for about a week after I reset Windows 10, but the problem has since returned.

windhoek2010, Jul 13, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset

Default programs repeatedly reset to "MS" programs/apps

I had the same problem.
    Possible causes:
    1. Acrobat preference does not work and if you click on it, it will reset to Windows default acrobat reader with the message:

Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset [​IMG]
    2. If Windows has update for Acrobat reader App, it will reset it to default.

Just set it from Control Panel->Default Programs->Set Your default programs
    High lite Acrobat then click on: Set this program as default.

Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset

1. Relink Programs and Apps from another drive after a full Windows Reset - Similar Threads - Relink Programs Apps

2. "This drive has apps from another device", but no "WindowsApps", "WpSystem" or "Program...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This drive has apps from another device", but no "WindowsApps", "WpSystem" or "Program...: Hello,I recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my computer due to some problems. Before the reinstallation I physically removed my D drive, which contained some Microsoft Store applications from my previous version of Windows.Following reinstallation, I reconnected the disk and...
  3. Drive full after reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive full after reset: Might be a very easy solution to this, but I have no idea how to fix this:I recently realised that I had installed a virus onto my PC so had to reset it, but I chose the option to keep my files. After the reset, I went about downloading the required apps etc again and as I am...
  4. Drive full after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive full after reset: Might be a very easy solution to this, but I have no idea how to fix this:I recently realised that I had installed a virus onto my PC so had to reset it, but I chose the option to keep my files. After the reset, I went about downloading the required apps etc again and as I am...
  5. Drive full after reset

6. using cmd to move programs in full from c: to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using cmd to move programs in full from c: to another drive: using cmd to move programs in full from c: to another drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-cmd-to-move-programs-in-full-from-c-to/f81aaea1-1392-49d4-94a9-e2ee7a23da7c
  7. using cmd to move programs in full from c: to another drive

using cmd to move programs in full from c: to another drive: using cmd to move programs in full from c: to another drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-cmd-to-move-programs-in-full-from-c-to/f81aaea1-1392-49d4-94a9-e2ee7a23da7c
  8. using cmd to move programs in full from c: to another drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. drive c full after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive c full after reset: my drive c full after I resset my pc windows 10 can u help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-full-after-reset/687f2d37-a735-4cdc-8cee-27ef35f6fc7f
  10. Relink One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Relink One Drive: Hi All I have an SSD and HDD. My OneDrive folder is stored on my HDD. I had to replace my SSD, which means I now have to sign back into One Drive. I tried to "Change" the location so that it pointed to the existing One Drive folder, but it wont allow me to. I tried...