Windows 10: Reload windows 10 without bitlocker password

Discus and support Reload windows 10 without bitlocker password in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all. A friend has given me three old work laptops that he wants me to wipe and reinstall W10. Each of them has Bitlocker enabled. He doesn't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by imnu, Jul 25, 2021.

1. imnu Win User

Reload windows 10 without bitlocker password

Hi all. A friend has given me three old work laptops that he wants me to wipe and reinstall W10. Each of them has Bitlocker enabled. He doesn't know the keys and no longer works for the firm and so cannot log in as a user. What is the easiest way to proceed? Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 25, 2021
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Reload windows 10 without bitlocker password - Similar Threads - Reload without bitlocker

2. windows 10 reload

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 reload: Computer crashed, reloaded windows 10, now icons, background, pictures, etc. look off. The resolution isn't clear like before. Somethings look sort of stretched. Checked resolution in settings it's at the recommended, tried to fix it in display and view, and personalization...
  3. Reloading windows-explorer's settings without taskill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reloading windows-explorer's settings without taskill: I'm trying to change a setting of windows explorer via the regedit. I'm using a .bat program. How to reload windows-explorer's setting so that it apply the value I changed without taskill?...
  4. Reloading windows-explorer's settings without taskill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reloading windows-explorer's settings without taskill: I'm trying to change a setting of windows explorer via the regedit. I'm using a .bat program. How to reload windows-explorer's setting so that it apply the value I changed without taskill?...
  5. Reloading windows-explorer's settings without taskill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Reload Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reload Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. It's become VERY slow to load. Quite frequently the computer "hangs" and the only way I can get to boot is to do a Ctrl Cmd Delete move. I'm wondering if I should put a fresh copy of Windows on it and if so, how to do...
  7. What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password?: Hi, What is the benefit of use Bitlocker without password? I turned on Bitlocker for a drive without a password and all users can access it without any password. Thanks...
  8. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM): I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but...
  9. Is my computer safe without a Bitlocker password?

Is my computer safe without a Bitlocker password?: I encrypted my entire drive, and everything went fine. I notice there is no preboot password though, it just uses my normal login screen password. My other older computers have Veracrypt on them. You can't do a thing with those until you enter the password first. This does...
  10. Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes

Bitlocker (without TPM) password login replaced by orange stripes: I'm having a problem that the Bitlocker password screen which appears when I switch on has been replaced by a pattern of vertical orange/ brown stripes. [img] The main laptop I use day-to-day has been running Windows 8/8.1 Pro since not long after Win8 was released- I...