Windows 10: Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

Discus and support Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeanrouge, Nov 9, 2020.

1. jeanrouge Win User

Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I just want to check. My version is Win 10 Pro 1909 - the package you can download from the M/S site is 20H2 (a numbering system I've not come across before). Has anyone had experience of re-installing Win10 without losing data? Also the instructions are quite clear - the version numbers have to be the same - so where can I find ver 1909 please?

:)

jeanrouge, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

unexplained page reloads erases the comments I'm writing.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Does the issue persist on all browsers?

If the issue is specific to a particular webpage, it could be due to the auto refresh feature of that webpage. A few keys/key combinations like
    ‘F5’ or ‘Ctrl+R’ can also reload a webpage.
    I suggest you to use your favorite search engine and look for an app that records the keystrokes, so that you can avoid hitting it in future.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through
    Record steps to reproduce a problem and see if it’s helpful.

Clipboard is a data buffer used for short-term data storage between documents or applications used by cut, copy and paste. It will only save the data that was once copied or cut. Since the data was not copied or cut, clipboard
    won’t have the data.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 9, 2020
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

lose control od input data

Hello,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to know some additional information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try to run
    Windows app troubleshooter
    , it will troubleshoot the problem with apps.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps - Similar Threads - Reloading Win10 without

2. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  3. How to change administrator without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change administrator without losing data or apps: Hi All, I bought a new laptop for my family member but they got themselves another one. I have signed in into this one using their Microsoft account, updated the windows have installed various apps etc. Now since they won't be using it, I want to basically make myself...
  4. Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows without losing data on hdd.: Can I migrate/fresh install Windows in my nvme SSD without losing data in my hdd. 1tb hdd is almost full and it isn't partitioned (was a bit lazy for that). It's laptop. submitted by /u/physicar [link] [comments]...
  5. Reinstall Win 10 without losing data

Reinstall Win 10 without losing data: Please direct me to a relevant tutorial so that I can reinstall Windows 10 without losing anything on my computer. I hav Macrium so imaging the C drive isn't a problem. 163886
  6. Reset windows 10 without losing data

Reset windows 10 without losing data: Can i reset windows 10 without losing personal data and apps?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-windows-10-without-losing-data/9f42eba2-29d3-4dd1-8aea-d11ab71794ed
  7. Changing device admin without losing data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing device admin without losing data: I need to change my device admin account from my personal one to my work account. I have both Microsoft accounts added to the same admin profile on the machine but I need to change the primary contact information and account info from one to the other without losing any of my...
  8. Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..

Convert MBR to GPT Without Data Losing..: Can I Convert MBR to GPT Without Losing My Data??? Please Help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mbr-to-gpt-without-data-losing/f740bfcf-b5ed-4deb-b813-3787e025f048
  9. BSOD - fix without losing data

BSOD - fix without losing data: I had the awful issue with the power cable not being recognised on my laptop. This has happened before and a restore worked. This time it didn't, so I uninstalled the drivers for the charger, and restarted the computer as they will then reinstall. It stated to shut down and...
  10. Is it possible to install 1803 without losing apps, settings and data?

Is it possible to install 1803 without losing apps, settings and data?: Like many other Windows 10 users in this forum, 1803 will not install for me. I have made several attempts to track down system settings that might be preventing the upgrade (like registry errors, Group Policy settings, security software, using the Windows Update...