Windows 10: Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

Discus and support Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jeanrouge, Nov 9, 2020.

1. jeanrouge Win User

Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I just want to check. My version is Win 10 Pro 1909 - the package you can download from the M/S site is 20H2 (a numbering system I've not come across before). Has anyone had experience of re-installing Win10 without losing data? Also the instructions are quite clear - the version numbers have to be the same - so where can I find ver 1909 please?

:)

jeanrouge, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

unexplained page reloads erases the comments I'm writing.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Does the issue persist on all browsers?

If the issue is specific to a particular webpage, it could be due to the auto refresh feature of that webpage. A few keys/key combinations like
    ‘F5’ or ‘Ctrl+R’ can also reload a webpage.
    I suggest you to use your favorite search engine and look for an app that records the keystrokes, so that you can avoid hitting it in future.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through
    Record steps to reproduce a problem and see if it’s helpful.

Clipboard is a data buffer used for short-term data storage between documents or applications used by cut, copy and paste. It will only save the data that was once copied or cut. Since the data was not copied or cut, clipboard
    won’t have the data.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 9, 2020
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

lose control od input data

Hello,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to know some additional information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try to run
    Windows app troubleshooter
    , it will troubleshoot the problem with apps.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps - Similar Threads - Reloading Win10 without

2. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  3. Install windows without losing all data & apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install windows without losing all data & apps: Currently I'm using Windows 11 Home Single Language Insider preview latest Canary build of July. But I want to upgrade to Win 11 Pro I got a key to activate. Here comes two scenario. From Settings>activation>change key, if I put the key, the error message says like this:...
  4. unallocated HDD without losing data

unallocated HDD without losing data: Hello i have problemi have HDD Disk 2 but there some stuff on there i dont want to lose it or format is there any solution to fix it? without losing data plz :?...
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  6. Reinstall Windows without losing data

Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  7. Replace motherboard,etc without losing data - or Win10 license ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace motherboard,etc without losing data - or Win10 license ??: I have a Windows 10 Pro (Windows 10 [Version 6.3.19042]) system here that I am very happy with; all SSDs, including an M.2 NVMe drive for games, excellent video card, tons of USB 3 slots. However, my motherboard is an 8-year-old Gigabyte with Core i7-3820. So I've purchased a...
  8. Switching from Win10 LTSB to Win10 Enterprise without losing all data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Win10 LTSB to Win10 Enterprise without losing all data?: WINDOWS VERSION: Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB VERSION NUMBER: Version 1607 OS BUILD: 14393.4104 Hello one and all, I come to you in need of assistance (with a fair amount of shame). Back when Windows 10 first launched I was still operating my first game PC build, which...
  9. Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Reloading Win10 without losing data or apps: My Win10 installation is misbehaving in various minor ways. I've run sfc/scannow and that turns out clear. A possible solution is to reinstall windows without disturbing apps and existing data. I found what appears to be a pretty clear video on u-Tube but before I go ahead. I...
  10. How to change administrator without losing data or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change administrator without losing data or apps: Hi All, I bought a new laptop for my family member but they got themselves another one. I have signed in into this one using their Microsoft account, updated the windows have installed various apps etc. Now since they won't be using it, I want to basically make myself...